Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The blatant timidity of the Gov't

and sprinter Mr Yohan Blake

What if the novel coronavirus pandemic lasts for another year or two?

That is the question obviously not being asked by Prime Minister Andrew Holness, Dr Christopher Tufton, Ms Fayval Williams, and others like sprinter Mr Yohan Blake, whose timidity is blatantly showing.

While the Government's announcement of further restrictions to quell COVID-19 is not likely to make the news elsewhere, Mr Blake had hardly closed his mouth before his ill-considered statement — that he would rather miss the Tokyo Olympics than take the COVID-19 vaccine — reverberated around the world.

Mr Blake's Twitter rant that, “My mind still stays strong, I don't want any vaccine, I'd rather miss the Olympics than take the vaccine; I am not taking it,” was, regrettably, picked up by major world media, including Cable News Network (CNN), and flashed across the globe.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/edito...n-blake_216036
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

what is the government suppose to do? Force him to take the vaccine?

Comment

These entertainers and sportmen talking crap. Because they have a few dollars already. They don't know how many young artists are feeling a lot of pain as they can't tour and travel. They should be encouraging people to mask up and take the vaccine so stadium can be ram again and dancehall full so they can go back to making money. So what if Blake don't run? It is not like a Bolt.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

this clown is cussing the government for closing schools?

Comment

The Government is clueless. Look to Cuba and Russia for help,the west will not help until their population is a 100 % vaccinated.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/03/ameri...tam/index.html
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

you are clueless...you know what "on the verge of" & "beginning their third and final trials" means clown? the GOJ should vaccinate the population with unapproved vaccines? vaccines still in trial?

Comment

I would like to think I know..lol, how can you/JA vaccinate the population with unapproved vaccines, if the Cubans have not done same with thier population and still have them in trials,why would you or how how would you expect Jamaica to do same with a product- Government they have no control over?

It would be wise for you to comprehend the point of the article, in that the trial means hoping to be approved soon and that means within a month or two ( NOT THAT ITS BEEN RELEASED FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION). It would be wise for Jamaica to be at the front of the Cuban line after they have vaccinated their population, knowing them ,it would be a month.

I am am the clown....lol. I gave you that title years ago on the forum,hug it up.
              Last edited by Sir X; March 6, 2021, 08:45 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

so GOJ should purchase a vaccine that is not yet approved? what happens if it does not pass the trials? beg dem for our money back?

Comment

no worry we have BBG or whatever the name is already.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

& it's hot

Comment

LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        so GOJ should purchase a vaccine that is not yet approved? what happens if it does not pass the trials? beg dem for our money back?
                        Man can suh fool, clown yuh a cry fi be 1st class and havent a clue on procuring goods in contract based on contigency .

Isnt that what the USA and Britain did with their vaccines, contract for a certain amount before the vacine trails were completed.

Clown bar none, a suh yuh fool,fool.

Comment

answer the question...you wanted the GOJ tompelrocure vaccines before they are approved? the US and Britain are financing the manufacture of their own vaccines genius...GOJ should finance a vaccine making lab?

Comment

Tell that to canada, south Africa, Mexico,Brazil etc,etc,etc.

Clown.

Comment

jamaica is currently vaccinating frontline workers with the approved astra zeneca vaccine...canada hasn't received any vaccine yet...mexico is using unapproved sputnik because the approved ones they paid for were delayed...brazil is using the unapproved chinese vaccine that is only 50% effective...come wit facts or shaddap

Comment

Working...
                              X