X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, What kinda Mango a export?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...6hkqLnw7It1PII

Hope a East Indian and Julie.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Mi juss buy two more boxes of Haitian mangoes today.

I will believe it when i see them.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

12,000 pounds of Jamaican ‘Julie’ ‘East Indian’ mangoes shipped to US

Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach in Florida are among the first areas to receive Jamaican mangoes in the United States.

Twelve thousand pounds of ‘Julie’ and ‘East Indian’ mangoes were exported on Thursday.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...oes-shipped-us
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Mi hear say a NY all a the mango shipped. Mi hear say it landed.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin
          Can a forumite in South Florida please post the prices of the Jamaican mangoes in Florida.
          Thanks

Comment

Don’t know about SF but 399 per lb in Toronto

Comment

My cousin in South Florida told me the first shipment went to NY. None in South Florida based on what she told me.

Comment

If you live in SF don’t you have mangoes. One of the best mangoes I had was from Florida...A big Keith something

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                  Don’t know about SF but 399 per lb in Toronto
                  Thats expensive

Comment

3.99 ?

Comment

that is expensive..mango sell for $70/lb here...that's 54 cents US...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        that is expensive..mango sell for $70/lb here...that's 54 cents US...
                        Another "Brand-Jamaica" ripoff.

Comment

i think it's par for the course with all mangoes though...the importers markup adds 45% to the cost of a mango...indian mangoes are averaging $4.50/lb...that's probably attributable to higher freight costs...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                            i think it's par for the course with all mangoes though...the importers markup adds 45% to the cost of a mango...indian mangoes are averaging $4.50/lb...that's probably attributable to higher freight costs...
                            A box of Haden mangoes, 9 count, from Mexico is around $8.00 and each mango weighs around a pound.

Comment

yeah but that's like comparing apples to oranges..the mangoes you get from latin america are crappy florida hybrids...that's why they're so cheap...+ freight costs are much lower cause they can truck them in instead of air freight...add to that economies of scale...

Comment

Working...
                              X