No announcement yet.

Cash payments hinder economic growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that may be so...however cashless doesn't mean credit or debit card...so although this bredda is stanning for mastercard & their 3%..he is right...i only use cash (not safe to use credit or debit in jamaica because of cybercrimes) because jamaican society is slow to adopt new technology...anywhere i go in jamaica my first option is to use quisk https://www.jncb.com/quisk/ ...it levels the playing field...gives small business a way to expand...they can offer sales on the internet & have a way for customers to pay without a credit card...only about 30% of the population has a credit/debit card...that's why e-commerce in jamaica is stagnant...

Comment

In a lot of case it all comes down to the fee that the banks are charging.
      I don't keep cash either but I keep away from the excessive and hidden fees.

Master Card is been self serving here.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

of course mastercard is being self serving...that doesn't change the fact that what the rep said is correct...mobile money will revolutionise small business & e-commerce in jamaica...quisk is mobile money...you use your cell phone to pay for goods by transferring mobile money...free to receive & 1% fee to send money...so if you take a taxi you just quisk the money to the taxi driver's phone...taxi man now doesn't have to worry about getting robbed on the road...now i can start a small business online & sell products to the 70% of jamaicans who don't have access to a credit card...there are no excessive or hidden fees...
        Last edited by Bricktop; November 3, 2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I can deal with that. As I said I use Zelle which is similar in the states.

The only thing we have to worry about is at some stage some unauthorise person get a hold of the database but that is with all databases.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

it uses blockchain...so it uses a decentralized public database & records are encrypted...

Comment

understand all of that but there is always some way to break it or find some vulnerability. Just not done yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                I started reading this last night and the word that came to mind was ......"Really?!!!"
                Lol. I said the same thing. Only in Jamaica an idiot would be allowed to make such a statement and not chased out of town. INCREDIBLE!!@

Comment

you all are so clueless it's not funny...a cashless society gives the poor & unbanked a chance at life...what you don't understand bout that...how yuh fi a chat foolishness & waan call other people idiot?
                  Last edited by Bricktop; November 4, 2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X