The great Hickking: RIP hero !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
    All that talk is fine if you are talking to youself. None of that is included in the DSM. This is a psychiatrist stating a disease prevalence. Its not a debate or a guidelines committee. So what, a physician is free tomorrow to wake up and say as of today anybody I see with a blood pressure of greater than 90 systolic I am gonna call him hypertensive or anybody with a blood glucose of greater than 50 I am gonna call a diabetic. Then I could take it up on myself to say the prevalence of high blood pressure and diabetes in the population is 100%. That is not how medicine work Don. The man is a quack. I have been following him since I was in my teens and knew his reasoning was flawed then and its sad that he died without sorting out his own delusion. What is even more troubling is that he has left a multitude of desciples. Sad indeed. Seventy percent of Jamaicans have clinical mental disease/illness?. What a jackass.

You are being obtuse at least vague,I pointed out the politics as to why it's not listed in the DSM. The power structure states it's too prevalent, looking at the medical power structure and its alignment with racist and racism,two words come to mind,white privilege!
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      You are being obtuse at least vague,I pointed out the politics as to why it's not listed in the DSM. The power structure states it's too prevalent, looking at the medical power structure and its alignment with racist and racism,two words come to mind,white privilege!
      What are you talking about. Racism and Extreme Racism have been a oartbof the DSM debate going back to DSM 3 , DSM4 and the current DSM5. So cut yu crap.

Comment

What are you talking about. Racism and Extreme Racism have been a oartbof the DSM debate going back to DSM 3 , DSM4 and the current DSM5. So cut yu crap.

Dont conflate debate with inclusion, your premise is it's not a part of ( included) in the DSM,therefore you refer Hickling as a quack. As I stated the history of racism is linked to certain privileges of abuse. You cant have it both ways,dismiss the man as a quack and use the non inclusion of a racist institution of disease classification to justify it; now you are trying to conflate debate with inclusion.....come betta Doc.

The American Psychiatric Association has never officially recognized extreme racism (as opposed to ordinary prejudice) as a mental health problem, although the issue was raised more than 30 years ago. After several racist killings in the civil rights era, a group of black psychiatrists sought to have extreme bigotry classified as a mental disorder. The association's officials rejected the recommendation, arguing that because so many Americans are racist, even extreme racism in this country is normative—a cultural problem rather than an indication of psychopathology.

The psychiatric profession's primary index for diagnosing psychiatric symptoms, the*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), does not include racism, prejudice, or bigotry in its text or index.1*Therefore, there is currently no support for including extreme racism under any diagnostic category. This leads psychiatrists to think that it cannot and should not be treated in their patients.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...4/#!po=83.3333

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X
          http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...kling-has-died

They left out he believed it has nothing to do with ganja, moreso the legacy of slavery,furthermore ganja should be looked into as possible therapy

Waaaaay before his time. Between him,Maxwell ,Manley , and Chevanes, they are some of the jamaicans I would put on my list as national heroes.
          So he is practicing outside the boundries of his organized profession. Isn't that the definition of a quack?.

Btw my view of Hickling is not anything new or unique about the criticism of him. He has long been considered out in looney land by many decent and well meaning psychiatrists. I totally agree with them. This is based on my own analysis.

Comment

You're barking up the wrong tree boss.I didn't mention Dr Hickling nor refer to any of his work. I never heard of him being interested in the mental disease of self-hate which is widespread among Black people...and has been established by science as a clinical disorder since the 1950s.

You made this statement which in hindsight I should have referenced:

X are we talking about racism in America or mental illness in Jamaica?. Name me one disease, physical or mental that has a 70% prevalence in any country, ethnic group, continent, school, church, religion........
            That would mean more that 2M Jamaicans have some form of clinical mental disease.
            The point is that more than 2M people in JA and hundreds of millions of other Black people do exhibit the established symptoms and behaviors of the mental disease - self-hate. The consequences have been, still are and into the future will be...a calamity
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So he is practicing outside the boundries of his organized profession. Isn't that the definition of a quack?.

Btw my view of Hickling is not anything new or unique about the criticism of him. He has long been considered out in looney land by many decent and well meaning psychiatrists. I totally agree with them. This is based on my own analysis.

Given the utterances of some of these decent and well meaning psychiatrist most who seen nothing wrong with criminalizing youth for ganja until recently, I will lean to Hickling and his son with their progressive ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                Given the utterances of some of these decent and well meaning psychiatrist most who seen nothing wrong with criminalizing youth for ganja until recently, I will lean to Hickling and his son with their progressive ideas.
                Youths who get criminalized for smoking ganja make up 70% of the Jamaican population?

Comment

Working...
                X