Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankee Chicks Money Grab A Failure

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/02/84949...qual-pay-claim

I think their demand for equal pay was totally ridiculous.

Comment

my problem with it was why they had to bring the men into it...different CBAs so they weren't calling for equal pay...they were calling for more pay...& if that's the case wait a year until your CBA is up & negotiate a new one...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        my problem with it was why they had to bring the men into it...different CBAs so they weren't calling for equal pay...they were calling for more pay...& if that's the case wait a year until your CBA is up & negotiate a new one...
        Its time to push back against those overandrogenized women soccer players who in my opinion are totally unreasonable given the interest in or lack thereof for the women's game compared to the men's. They are totally unreasonable. So what she wants the same pay as Messi?

Comment

Cant agree ReggaeDoc. The issue is fundamental differences in the revenue streams for Men and women soccer. Until the revenue stream is the same then they cant be equal, but things like hotel accommodations per Diem ect needs to be equal

Comment

so US soccer should force fans to fill NWSL stadiums & force them to watch the games on TV...and force them to buy merchandise? US Soccer should give the ladies the same bonus the men get to reach the WC when the women's world cup generates 25 x less than the men's world cup? i see you took a sip of the kool aid...

Comment

No not suggesting that but to fix the problem you need to understand the problem. As you rightly suggest that is the real issue but that is what USSF should argue not foolishness bout women soccer different from men.. while that might be so you will not win court case base on that..

Comment

you know USSF just won the case by summary judgement right? courts rule on facts...not on emotions, false headlines & social media campaigns...

Comment

I am very familiar with the case but they won based on this specific issue that overall they made less. The real issue is they have unequal revenue streams. And I agree with you the USSF cannot easily fix that.

The World Cup-winning team's long-running feud with U.S. Soccer has been a very public and bitter battle, and the players had been seeking $66 million in damages under the Equal Pay Act.

"The WNT [Women's National Team] has been paid more on both a cumulative and an average per-game basis than the MNT [Men's National Team] over the class period," the court said in its summary judgment.

Last year's Ballon d'Or winner Rapinoe said she questioned the logic of the summary judgment.

"If I earn one dollar every time I play and a man earns three dollars, just because I win 10 games and he only wins three games -- and so I make 10 dollars and he made nine dollars -- I'm not sure how that's me making more money," she said.

The court allowed complaints of unfair medical, travel and training to proceed to trial, which is scheduled to begin June 16.

Comment

you don't seem so familiar...you (& the USWNT) are comparing apples to oranges...they are working under two distinctly different collective bargaining agreements...the men work under a pay for play deal (don't make the team you get $0) + bonuses with no additional benefits (health care etc) whereas 20 women are contracted year round and paid a guaranteed salary + health benefits & childcare benefits + smaller bonuses than the men...how can you be asking for equal pay when you are contracted differently...if the women had taken the same deal the men got they would have made tons more money than the men...they chose the security of guaranteed money & benefits...

Comment

how much does FiFA pay for appearance in the WC for the MEN and how much do they pay for the Women. How much does Mastercard pay in sponsorship for the men and how much for the women? If you understand that then you understand why the CBA are structure differently.. It two different income fee.

Comment

the women's world cup generates 25 x less revenue than the men's tournament...obviously the employees at the women's world cup will be paid less than the employees at the men's world cup...did you miss the part of the suit that showed how much more revenue was earned from MNT games versus WNT games (even if the men lose)? USSF doesn't run the Word Cup...if the women have a problem with revenue share from World Cup they need to sue FIFA...they'd lose that lawsuit too...they generate less income...period...

Comment

i think we are saying the same thing. The difference is what the Judge ruled on wont permanently settle the argument. The Judge pretty much said you choose Your CBA when you could have chosen a CBA similar to the mens so you cant now say it is unfair. But that dose not settle the elephant in the room argument which is women football generates less revenue than men so they cant be paid the same.

Comment

then it's a moot point...if an MNT WC qualifier generates 3 x as much as the WNT qualifier how can you expect to get the same winning/losing bonus as the men?

Comment

Agreed.... but now it has to be a point of law... which the judge did not do because that is not what they presented.

Comment

Working...
                              X