X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was not a foul! Austin played the ball and

the opponent arrive late!

Our Reggae Boyz waus robbed!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Robbed blind... the ref mus be Mad...uro!
    Peter R

Comment

If Austin's play had even resulted in the Venezuelan leg being broken, they most they could have expected is a sorry.

Fair play! Wrong decision, ref!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It wasn't even a yellow!
        Peter R

Comment

Why wasn't that a red? KMT
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            If Austin's play had even resulted in the Venezuelan leg being broken, they most they could have expected is a sorry.

Fair play! Wrong decision, ref!!!
            Refereeing sucks. He shouldn't have given a red card.

Comment

Austin wasn't a red card, one offside call that was not even close and Venezuela should have one red card if Austin's was red.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                the opponent arrive late!

Our Reggae Boyz waus robbed!
                its a similar tackle to the early one on Donaldson in the box that he waved off the penalty appeal
                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Except Donaldson was offside... does that make the tackle any less dangerous? Karl?
                  Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                    its a similar tackle to the early one on Donaldson in the box that he waved off the penalty appeal
                    That was an offisde call, correctly soo too!

The commentators are actually agreeing with the red card!

I need to pick up curling or something.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      Why wasn't that a red? KMT
                      Austin got to the the ball - FIRST!
                      ...and he played it fair and square. The opposing player arrived late and ran into Austin's foot!

If I kick the ball and on follow through you advance into that follow through it is never a foul unless my action was unnatural e.g. I followed through and held my foot up awaiting your arrival i.e. I deliberately initiated contact.

Remember after a ball is kicked it 'departs' and leaves the foot in motion...that foot if contact was made with the ball off the ground takes time to return to the ground. If someone flies in before that foot can reasonably 'hit the ground' contact with the foot could be made by that person. Contact was initiated by the person arriving late! No foul...unless it was determined that the person arriving late committed one.

Do not compare with dangerous play if the initial action was unnatural e.g. dangerous play. Austin's action was not dangerous.
                      Last edited by Karl; June 5, 2016, 06:12 PM.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I expect to see Austin in our next game, because this has to be appealed and overturned!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Water under the bridge and if anything,our players should realize they should not leave anything to the ref,the Hector yellow came afterwards.
                          I would bring on Mattocks,but for who??
                          We need all the strikers on the field but it has to be a straight swap,Donaldson it has to be.

Comment

Tackle might have been dangerous but you have to acknowledge the prior offence, the offside.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                              Water under the bridge and if anything,our players should realize they should not leave anythong to the ref,the Hector yellow came afterwards.
                              I would bring on Mattocks,but for who??
                              We need all the strikers on the firld but it has to be a straight swap,Donaldson it has to be.
                              I don't understand Rocky. Players cannot play football like that, to not leave anything for the ref. They might as well not be on the field. Because if you can't make a sure and clean play on the ball without worrying about some player trying to get his foot broken...

I guess one could make an argument that such a tackle in midfield was unnecessary. Austin tends to do that a bit too much.

Mattocks is not even in Chicago, so let's move on.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X