Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U23 lose to Cuba......

http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/u...pic-qualifiers
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

How does this happen with what should have been one of the

strongest U23s we have put together?!?!

This is what I'm talking about. The Jamaica U23 team is comprised of players who were highly rated in the NCAA, and several were drafted highly. Players like Omar Holness, who did not make himself available for the draft, but who was certainly one of the 10 best college players; Romario Williams, drafted 3rd this year; Andre Lewis, high draft pick a couple years ago and one of the best StGC players ever; Damion Lowe, another high draft (No. 8) pick last year; Michael Seaton, pro player since 2013, with experience in Sweden.

Then you have Shawn McFarlane, who was called to the Gold Cup squad and Junior Fleming, schoolboy football's best player for the last 2 years, selected for the Valencia academy a few years ago. The rest of the team is made up of former U-17 and U-20 players. All in all, it should be very strong squad.

Yes, Alvas Powell is missing from the team, and perhaps also Leon Bailey, but how do you lose to Cuba?!?!?

Yes, Sass, I know, college and MLS are better than nothing (NPL), but we need to get more people into places where there is real development if Jamaica is to compete with the best in the world.

This is not good!

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ll-1-2-to-Cuba

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      strongest U23s we have put together?!?!

This is what I'm talking about. The Jamaica U23 team is comprised of players who were highly rated in the NCAA, and several were drafted highly. Players like Omar Holness, who did not make himself available for the draft, but who was certainly one of the 10 best college players; Romario Williams, drafted 3rd this year; Andre Lewis, high draft pick a couple years ago and one of the best StGC players ever; Damion Lowe, another high draft (No. 8) pick last year; Michael Seaton, pro player since 2013, with experience in Sweden.

Then you have Shawn McFarlane, who was called to the Gold Cup squad and Junior Fleming, schoolboy football's best player for the last 2 years, selected for the Valencia academy a few years ago. The rest of the team is made up of former U-17 and U-20 players. All in all, it should be very strong squad.

Yes, Alvas Powell is missing from the team, and perhaps also Leon Bailey, but how do you lose to Cuba?!?!?

Yes, Sass, I know, college and MLS are better than nothing (NPL), but we need to get more people into places where there is real development if Jamaica is to compete with the best in the world.

This is not good!

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ll-1-2-to-Cuba
      What was this team's preparation?
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        What was this team's preparation?
        Easy question !!
        just a couple training sessions and then board the plane and guh play match!

RESULT>>>> got our ass kicked by the Cubans!
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

They played Arnett and Waterhouse.

What?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Di side want a sprinkling of UB40 and sweeten to taste.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Cuba will rise like Panama.I give them 5 years,one thing they know is to implement a program.

The embargo isnt their to hold them back.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That's exactly what we were discussing......As I said, being drafted doesn't mean you will play for the team or get a MLS contract.

Damion Lowe has yet to suit up for the Seattle Sounders. He plays for their reserve team in USL.
                Romario Williams got 1 game as a reserve, because Montreal Impact was playing in the CONCACAF Champions League & they needed extra players for MLS duty. He plays for their USL team.
                Andre Lewis has yet to make the Vancouver Whitecaps MLS team. He plays for their USL team.

DC United traded Seaton (obviously they didn't think he would make it) to Portland Timbers & he plays for their USL team.
                Last edited by USAF; August 14, 2015, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Earlier this year I asked that question about Jamaica's U23 team and I am still waiting for the answer.

Comment

The fact is the team didn't send a time and play a lot of practice games.
                    They lost 2-1 to Cuba, does that mean the players are not good?

Do me a favor and check the amount of College players and past college players on the recently concluded goal cup. Anytime we lose you can pick apart the team. How many Cuban players playing in good leagues?
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

They should have been playing the Jamaica national team and at least 2 or 3 international games.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ok. Not sure what your point is here.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You are so obsessed with defending college soccer, that you can't follow the discussion.

Comment

My point is you can pick out where the players play but it doesn't mean they will win a thing, it is simply the talent and preparation that will make them achieve anything. There is some talent in this group but and yes some are playing second and third tier ball.

What is striking more than anything else is the preparation for the u23 team. Yes we need to get more players into better program, but that take a lot of work. The fact is we could and can do better preparing the team. The U23 coach was also mostly with the senior team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              They played Arnett and Waterhouse.

What?
                              Yeh...All St George's ah sen' U-13 side pon foreign tour...an if yuh si dem pitch it come een like foreign yuh deh. Dem man deh serious bout yute development

But wi si Jamaica Fraud Federation @ werk... Dem ave 1001 ways to blight wi yute dem future

Wi si & know dem so called fans whe support Fraud Federation fcukery...Cyaan tap bun dem out
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X