RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Schoolboy Football side I've ever seen..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONiel Russell was also on that team.
    Titchfield went to Clarendon and shock them with a 0-0 tie and man I remember when they came to Port Antonio and put on a display beating us 4-0. The crowd that day was something else.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

YAWN! Can we talk about something else? This topic must have been squeezed dry from the time Portia (not Miss P) was on the forum donkey years ago!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yep town man nuh too up pon certain tings... a true
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
          ...1977 STETHS side wid Lenny Hyde, Sweetie Smith et al...mek Calabar look like dem juss ah learn di game.

Master Class was in session inna di Olivier Shield final ah Stadium
          Best schoolboy side ever was a Wolmer's Triple Crown Champion side (1971?)

Sweetie Smith will be long remembered as the man who salad the great Duggie Bell, regain possession and beat his chest. Duggie side of the story is that he allowed the play because expected the fellow who was covering him to take possession of the ball.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Lenny Hyde went to Clarendon College, Sweetie Smith went to STETHS!
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
              Best schoolboy side ever was a Wolmer's Triple Crown Champion side (1971?)

Sweetie Smith will be long remembered as the man who salad the great Duggie Bell, regain possession and beat his chest. Duggie side of the story is that he allowed the play because expected the fellow who was covering him to take possession of the ball.
              I have heard great things about the Wolmer's 1971 Triple Crown Champion side, which BTW, has a Facebook page dedicated to their 40th anniversary next year. http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?i...58862727461248

An older friend of mine who went to JC tells me that it was the coach (foreign) was the greatest assest. I understand that the team was technically proficient, with their defense playing most of thier games at half-line. Manning Cup was not played in 1972 or 1973. Who knows what they might have accomplished further if it had been.

#1Fan
              "He has been the best so far based on his level of professionalism and great motivational skills. That made him one of the top coaches I have ever been under. He was exceptional in getting the best out of his players."

Paul Young on Renee Simoes (c. 2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                which school MICO?
                Sorry!
                Mico was later!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Good post #1Fan - How did I forget that Team?

It was good...Vernon Samuida, (I think???), was on that team.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    Good post #1Fan - How did I forget that Team?

It was good...Vernon Samuida, (I think???), was on that team.
                    Vermont Samuda, Karl Largie, Richard Davy, Paul Pringle, Keith Tulloch,.......you should go check out dem Facebook page link.
                    "He has been the best so far based on his level of professionalism and great motivational skills. That made him one of the top coaches I have ever been under. He was exceptional in getting the best out of his players."

Paul Young on Renee Simoes (c. 2005)

Comment

Originally posted by #1Fan View Post
                      Vermont Samuda, Karl Largie, Richard Davy, Paul Pringle, Keith Tulloch,.......you should go check out dem Facebook page link.
                      I shall!
                      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X