HL!!!.......Another U.S. teenager made his

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Another U.S. teenager made his

Bundesliga debut today. Sebastian Soto, a 18 year-old center-forward, played the last 11+ minutes for Hanover.......He started out with San Diego Surf youth team, before moving to the Real Salt Lake academy. He turned down a 1st team contract from Real Salt Lake to sign with Hanover, last July.......I hope he & Josh Sargent (19 year-old center-forward at Werder Breman) force their way into the USMNT, because I can't take another cycle with Zardes & Bobby Wood. Hell!!! I'd prefer a fit & healthy Altidore, over Zardes & Wood, any day.

*Soto's debut makes it 6 U.S. players, 20 & younger, who have played in the 2018-19 Bundesliga season - Pulisic (20), McKennie (20), Wright (20), Adams (20), Sargent (19) & Soto (18).

Wow USAF !! Altidore over Zardes and Wood !

Well you might get your wish, Altidore is still up for consideration. He could play in the next game...is what I heard.

Thanks for the info on the kids. I just can't keep up.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

A healthy & fit Altidore is better & more productive than both Zardes & Wood, and you know my opinion of Altidore.......Zardes is a good dude, hard worker, good teammate & has never given his coaches any problems, BUT we know his limitations & any good team can shut him down.......I never rated Wood. He's technically a little better than Zardes, which isn't saying much, and can be effective against some CONCACAF teams, but Klinsmann over-hyped him & made a lot of people think he was world class.......The crazy thing is, I see Berhalter doing the same thing that Klinsmann & Arena did, and he could %$#@ this new group of players over, with his BS system & player bias.

Comment

Recite. HL 3:16
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Seems that DC United hasn't learnt from their mismanagement of Bill Hamid's career. I'll be watching closely to see what they do with Durkin, because, this season, they've played him in only 3 games & a total of 30 minutes:
          https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...in-last-winter

*Being reported that the proposed loan fee was $150,000, and the deal included an Option to Buy for $3M.

Comment

If Altidore still the conversation you know the US is not going anywhere fast.
            He is mediocre at best.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

MLS academy growth: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...ure-investment

Comment

Chris Durkin got his 1st start of the season - scored DC's second goal & was the Heineken Man of the Match.
                https://twitter.com/i/status/1117244423841173504

Comment

Working...
                X