Man U to open against Chelski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man U to open against Chelski

Well, well, on day 1 of the next Prem season, the drama starts. I hope Woodward realizes Man U's biggest need is for a defensive overhaul. The new defenders need to be able to play out of the back confidently.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Defenders? I think we need a better DM than Matic. Based on what I see happening in the markets thus far .... there is nothing to be confident about.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

True, true. The transition offense and defense starts with that position. But the worst part of Man U for the past 7 years is the inability to play the ball out of the back and how to defend. We were fooled by a season where they gave up few goals. But that was belied by the fact they were often, as a team, in a very defensive posture. My opinion.

Comment

Westman stop chat so much sense man. A long time yuh no come pon the forum and yuh leff me one fi talk sense to the massive. If we don't sign a proper defender this transfer window then we corner dark. I don't think we need a DM as I think that position can be shared between Matic and McTominay. We need the solidity at the back to start our attacks along with the runners on the wings, especially the right side.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Bredrin, for the number of competitions that Man U is in, we need to do what we used to do and have 2 deep at every defensive position. It needs to be a mixture of the young and the veteran so that we can have a renewing and mentoring system. Ole ignorant and mad Fergie did well when hos side was renewing and blending. When he was about to leave, he went away from that system and left a bunch of dinosaurs. Man U's leadership does not understand that. Dem need fi give me W's job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Westman stop chat so much sense man. A long time yuh no come pon the forum and yuh leff me one fi talk sense to the massive. If we don't sign a proper defender this transfer window then we corner dark. I don't think we need a DM as I think that position can be shared between Matic and McTominay. We need the solidity at the back to start our attacks along with the runners on the wings, especially the right side.
            It is not that we differ regarding the need for a central defender .... I just see the need for a DM as more critical. You stated "that position can be shared between Matic and McTominay" but can we really rely on those 2 this season? We need a DM that can allow Pogba to drive forward and try to make things happen ... Matic has proven he cannot provide the required protection.

Matic is way too slow to play that role for MU Jangle. We need a player that can protect the back 4 ... win back the ball QUICKLY and restart the attack. Look at the players playing that role for the 5 teams that finished ahead of us. Now look at the players playing that role for the 3 teams that finished just behind MU ...... now think about this .."that position can be shared between Matic and McTominay."

I am quite certain we all agree that the squad need serious rebuilding, so it is not like it has to be a CD or a DM.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Agreed but I don’t see that position as a high priority in comparison to the others. Lukaku soon gone. I think Martial can be moved into the middle.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Brethren Manu need a lot of things. Wingbacks are needed badly. Shaw is the only wingback you have who can add something offensively and defensively. Ashley Young is 34. Manu have no winger who can cross the ball. Manu need at least 6 new players and two up from the Academy in their 18 man squad.

Respect Westman.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X