RIP Glen Simmonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Glen Simmonds

Just understand that my friend and former formite Glen Simmond, Reggae Ambassador aka Runaway Bay Boy has passed. He worked in Radio in the ATL and was the promoter of the Atlanta Jerk fest. It really upsetting as Glen was a really good and trying man.

Condolences to the family. Walk good Glen.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Condolences to the ambassador family ,post good.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You introduced me to Glen a few years ago at the Jerk Festival.

We spoke...and it was as if we knew each other for a long time. Very heartical yout (as some would say).

RIP Glen.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

"Hortical"
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Thanks Jangle !

Guess I am living inna whiteman country too long !
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Glen Simmonds, Atlanta jerk fest founder, dead

Glen Simmonds, founder of the Atlanta Caribbean Jerk Festival, died Monday in Atlanta, Georgia. He was 55.

His wife, Cheriel, told the Jamaica Observer that they were planning for this year's event when Simmonds suffered a heart attack at home. She said paramedics failed to revive him and he was pronounced dead at WellStar Cobb Hospital.

During a 2013 interview with the Observer, St Ann-born Simmonds said he started the jerk festival in 2006 in “somebody's backyard.”

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...9?profile=1116
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
            X