Classism: PNP CRAWFORD GUILTY !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classism: PNP CRAWFORD GUILTY !

I picked up a powerful current against Crawford's 'outsider-ness' in the communities in Portland Eastern that I visited last Sunday. Folks are resentful of the fact that someone from among them, who has worked with them, who lives among them, was not seen fit to be the standard-bearer for the PNP. Citizens with whom I spoke expressed the view that Crawford was being imposed on them. They expressed the view that Crawford is a stranger who did not know the issues of Portland Eastern. I heard a near-replica of the concerns and complaints similar to those expressed by the people of St Mary South Eastern when Dr Shane Alexis was parachuted there.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/the-a...9?profile=1096

A mother of two who lives in Fairy Hill said she was not going to vote for any import. “Dem don't respect wi,”

Like the US electoral system our founding fathers came up with this system because they believed the common man was not smart enough to elect his own representative,based entirely on race and wealth.Its the ultimate form of classism.They delegate your representative.Thats one rreason why the democratic party changed its super delegate system.

The people voice must be heard and respected.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Peter Espeut | Of whales and minnows

We sociologists know that race and class cleavages remain deep in this land, whose motto is ‘Out of Many, One People’. Our motto was created by the ‘brown’ elite in both the People’s National Party (PNP) and the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP), who, at the time of our political Independence, were in the process of taking over full control of the Jamaican ship of state from white colonial masters, in a country where people of African descent are in the vast majority.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...es-and-minnows

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Do you call someone who live in a community for 14 years and run in that community a outsider?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No! Gunmen,thief and scammers would say the same.

Comment

The question you laba -ites need to answer is ,because a candidadte has lived in an area for over 20 years ,does the party has the right to impose that candidate for parliament on your behalf ?

Constituents could voice the same concerns as they do towards Crawford e.g......... “Dem don't respect wi,” or feelings of imposition.

That person could be a gunman,scammer or thief,granted some would argue all the prerequisites for being an M.P. or at least a politrickcian.

Comment

Show me when you criticize when Mark Golding run down a jungle, show me when you criticize the Peart brothers, the Manleys or Peter Phillips and son and then I can take you seriously.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Couldn't care less if you take me seriously.

Surprise

Comment

Working...
              X