No announcement yet.

Schoolboy football is not player development:Machel Turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well don't argue with yourself no more - first sign of madness.

Happy new year.

would like to hear your answer if track and field is recreational.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True, but nevertheless, a school is a place of instructions, whatever activities it participates should reflect that.
      This isn't so much protecting the youths from getting exploited, cramping all the competitions in a very short period is exploitation, besides, corporations such as SportsMax are making profits ..
      All I am saying, just like all the subjects there is some uniformity across the board, why isn't there a fixed arrangement for all school coaches to subscribe to?

Comment

You are asking valid reasonable questions but you are neglecting the context,the constitution of ISSA states football is a recreational activity,an arguement can be made to extend the schedule based on potential detrimental effects to the youths physical/ mental health. Coaching education isnt a necessity under ISSA constitution. That responsibility is mandated by the JFF constitution;therefore it would behoove the JFF to use its bully pulpit and prod ISSA to extend the schedule while at the same time mandating coaches who play their trade in school boy football to upgrade their craft and follow a philosophy set forth by the JFF coaching technical committee. Certain sanctions can be used by the JFF against coaches who dont comply i.e ban them from coaching in all football competitions who comply with JFF constitution e g the RSPL and corner leagues.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

But aren't you talking through both sides of your mouth?
          Therd should not be a demand for it to be regulated but then regulation is being suggested?
          AGAIN, a school is a place of instructions, THAT should be reflected in everything it touches.

Comment

No,I never said it should not be regulated, what I am saying is ISSA constitution i.e recreational gives it the platform to argue against regulations, therefore the pressure for ISSA to conform must come from an entity that can bear pressure to regulate i.e the JFF

Look presenting the context does not mean you are for it ,on the contrary, it's a means to examine to look for a way forward.
            Last edited by Sir X; January 5, 2020, 05:31 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Again I ask you, is Track and field also Extra curricular activity.

IF Football is extra curricular activity, how is it that any player playing for their school is not allowed to play with any other club??

Tom drunk but tom nuh fool.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh nuh fool, yuh mad.

Comment

Working...
                X