No announcement yet.

I would like to see a 5 year ban on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to see a 5 year ban on....

....the West Indian day parade.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Sad what occurred. I used to attend the parade "back in the day", dodged my fair share of bullets. Anyone can get serious hurt when punks are at war with each other. They tend to bump into each other at these large events, and take advantage of the venue to settle their disputes.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Just when everyone is still on a high from the success of our athletes, here comes the riff raff to remind us that we still have much to be embarassed about.

"‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Big up to Ambassadah and his crew to put on the Atlanta Jerk Festival this weekend. It was well attended and had a great time. Sorry I missed you I-man and HL had to run out but it goes to show we can put on event where the kids enjoy themselves and adults have fun and visitors feel welcome.

Sad to see the problem with the Parade, year after year. This should be such a trademark event but we keep on messing it up.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

would you ban the macy parade or the rose bowl if some blood showered it.. no you know what we need to do is when some people do foolishness is call them out.. don't protect them a chat bout informer..

Comment

You are out mind. You are going to stop the West Indian day parade which is attended by 1 to 3 million people because 1 person got shot and 2 other's were injured at the pre-carninal Jouvert parage? What I would support is aggressive stop and frisk for the entire long weekend.

“That community, that political leadership, are not going to basically stop those celebrations,” Mr. Bratton said. “That’s quite clear. If you think that’s going to happen, you’re out of your mind.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/09/ny...klyn.html?_r=0
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Not advocating stopping it but this has become a yearly thing, why we can't safeguard it ourselves???? This should be high priorty for us, this should be a part of the planning. We waiting for Guliani etc. to come solve it for us???

There is no comfort for me taking my kids to this event and this should be a thing of pride for all our families and I am sure I am not the only one who think so. The news is always about who got shot or killed.
              Last edited by Assasin; September 9, 2015, 10:42 AM.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Not advocating stopping it but this has become a yearly thing, why we can't safeguard it ourselves???? This should be high priorty for us, this should be a part of the planning. We waiting for Guliani etc. to come solve it for us???

There is no comfort for me taking my kids to this event and this should be a thing of pride for all our families and I am sure I am not the only one who think so. The news is always about who got shot or killed.
                I am not going back until I see changes to put pressure on the shottas. The only change that I can think of is aggressive stop and frisk. They do search people in time square on New Year's eve night, do the same in Brooklyn. If you don't have a vendor license then you the cops should take your knives.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Time,were there other shooting incidents in NY and perhaps as far away as boroughs other than Brooklyn,would you suggest aggressive stop and frisk on that day in those regions too?
                  There is a possibility that any crime committed in proximity to the parade is autmatically attributed to the parade.
                  The shooting incidents recorded in the environs in question days prior to the parade are seen differently,the parade route itself is on the outskirts of historically some of the most volatile communities..
                  My real issue is when can the illegal practice of stop and frisk ever be justified?

Comment

I have not gone to the parade in about 5 years, and I will not return.
                    None of my cousins in NY attend the parade due to the usual fear of being a victim of crime.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

For as long as I can remember....there is always shootings associated with that parade.

My remedy may seem drastic, but the reputation of mainly Jamaicans is tarnished. Some drastic measures need to be taken.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                        Time,were there other shooting incidents in NY and perhaps as far away as boroughs other than Brooklyn,would you suggest aggressive stop and frisk on that day in those regions too?
                        There is a possibility that any crime committed in proximity to the parade is autmatically attributed to the parade.
                        The shooting incidents recorded in the environs in question days prior to the parade are seen differently,the parade route itself is on the outskirts of historically some of the most volatile communities..
                        My real issue is when can the illegal practice of stop and frisk ever be justified?
                        No, only at the parades and major events.

Comment

Working...
                        X