No announcement yet.

The quality is better - Simoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironically, Portland has been one of the most improved parishes in local football thanks in a very large part to the hard work of Burchell Gibson but really what does that have to do with what Rene said?

I went to the opening game of the St James Division 1 yesterday and saw both teams well decked out in matching shirst, shorts and socks but how does this translate to quality football on the pitch once the ref blew the whistle?

Was Rene talking about the football or the administration and funding of the clubs?

Enlighten me nuh?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Answer mi question nuh?

A the same thing Simoes is saying, same thing. The man mention nothing about talent or anything like that. The man can see the difference in how the game is approached technically and on the field.
      Didn't the article say something about him searching for talent? Are we gonna start throwing up smoke screens now? As mi say, my back broad ... write me down as a doubting thomas.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

the last Portland league game I went in 2000 it never tek me 45 minutes to see the standard lower, when I say man who a sub pon the bench for the champion side never had a jersey and had to wait for man to come off and change shirt and at halftime them never have money to pay the ref. only donation would have helped them.

That is the man first impression and the man is right.
        sass you not even have to talk about Portland,I went to Brooklyn & Bronx
        Leagues and made assessments within 30 mins,Jermine Hue who Mosiah use to Big Up I am delighted to see him improve on his Game,now he can go a good 30 minutes long,first time,He did not have the stamina but he seems to have work on his games...Rene Simoes have mastered Coaching (no Big ups, facts!) so for him to see thirty minutes of each game is more than enough ...I close this case.

Comment

Simoes didn't speak about talent, the writer can write all he wants.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

where did he mention players? The man is talking the quality of the LEAGUE
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Simoes didn't speak about talent, the writer can write all he wants.
              Okay .. well in that case, this entire thread is waste of space.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You seem like you in the tracing mood today, and it seems you were smoking some weed or something before you logged on. are you suggesting that fair compensation has nothing to do with quality/quantity work individuals put into their jobs? How motivated would you be to even show up at work tomorrow morning knowing that you cant even afford to put gas in your car for the trip? Or from another perspective, how productive would you be on the field of play if you have to be wondering where dinner will come from while you are in the middle of an international game?

In terms of facilities...The Harbor View Mini stadium, The Arnette Gardens facilty, Waterhouse, I believe all thes efields are lighted, and provide seating for specators today. They werent around in 2004 were they? And take it to the national level...the national stadium pitch, and lighting is a far cry today from waht it was ain 1994...

Sicko, What you been smoking?
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

the overall quality of the league. The man must have noticed everything from outside the games, spectator, the quality on the field and everything including the ref etc.

Are you saying the league is not better than 4 years ago?

Portland league has improved since 2000, Gibson played a role but it not solely because of him, don't think so for one minute. The ironic thing is that Shantelle was defending champion at the time, a team ran by Jermaine taylor uncle and company and they now no longer exist.
                  Truth is St.Mary may have a better league than Portland. Portland have a few more organized clubs.

Comment

yes cause unnu want fi mek argument based on something that wasn't said.

I see the journalist them a twist on turn things. Where did Simoes say emphasis will be on youth as a article suggested yesterday based on his press conference on saturday. Yes he did address youth but also many other areas.

Comment

Seem like you are grinding an Axe here Sicko. The man is comparing the difference in quality of two games, the first one he saw in 1994, and the first one he saw in 2008...The man is saying the one in 2008 is better than the one in 2004. Now I might have missed something, but what is "nonsensical" about him thnking that one is better than the other?

I beleive you have taken the man's comment out of context!
                      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Him ago watch 45 minutes of one game then claim the quality is better? Apparently Simoes remember how gullible some Jamaicans are.
                        Simones saw the entire 90+ minutes of the match. TVJ which showed the game live switch the camera on Simones as early as the 9th minute and throughout the game. Simones sat between Horace Reid and his assistant goalkeeping coach.

And I one use to switch the channel when the NPL games were being shown on TVJ. But not anymore.
                        Why. Because the standard of play has improved, albeit slightly. But still improved for me to watch the entire 90+ minutes of a local premier league match.
                        Jamaica's local football is indeed getting better.

Comment

The man simply voiced is opinion on two games..he is saying in his estimation, one(first one he saw in 2008) is better than the other(first one he saw in 1994). Now you tell me what is that for you to believe or not believe?

Comment

How can you attack the writer and say he is twisting and turning things when you have no clue as to how the interview might have gone, what was asked and how it was answered?

Seems you are willing to go to extreme lengths to prove a point that does not exist.
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

It's just amazing what we fight about on this site.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Because I read about 6 different reports and saw parts on Youtube as well.

The man gave basically the same report as everyone else and his heading was putting emphasis on youth. Nowhere in the document did he outline that emphasis that he is talking about, and gave basically the same report everybody else did.

Comment

Working...
                                X