X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.....Some info for you

It's official. Earnie Stewart is the 1st USMNT GM:
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...eneral-manager

I saw this listed as his list responsibilities (hearing it could expand based on his performance):
    1. Leading the search and hiring process for the head coach
    2. Creating the environment -- both day-to-day and long-term -- for the head coach and the men’s national team to succeed
    3. Ensuring that U.S. Soccer’s style of play, team tactical principles, and key qualities are being implemented within the men’s national team
    4. Creating a player profile for each position on the field based on the style of play, team tactical principles, and key qualities
    5. Working with the head coach to create positional depth charts based on the player profile, accounting for player’s current and potential ability to compete at the highest levels in the world
    6. Evaluating and monitoring players coming up through the youth national team programs and ensuring that the best talent is identified and cultivated
    7. Communicating and working with the Sport Development Departments to drive technical alignment and integration, including Coaching Education, Player Development, High Performance, Talent Identification and Youth National Teams.

Being reported that NYRB head coach, Jesse Marsch, is the front-runner for the RB Leipzig head coach position.

Reported that FC Barcelona has identified the 1st player to move, from their academy in Arizona, to Barcelona. He is Julian Araujo, an U18 USYNT right-back. They sent him to La Masia, in March, and he impressed. He even got a write up in Mundo Deportivo. He doesn't turn 18 until next year.......If makes the move, that will be 4 USYNT players at La Masia.

List of MLS players on World Cup rosters:

EGYPT
    Omar Gaber (RB) LAFC

PERU
    Andy Polo (RW) Portland Timbers
    Yoshimar Yotun (CM) Orlando City

COSTA RICA
    Francisco Calvo (CB) Minnesota United
    Rodney Wallace (LW) NYCFC
    David Guzman (DM) Portland Timbers
    Marco Urena (CF) LAFC
    Ronald Matarrita (LB)

MEXICO
    Jonathan dos Santos (CM) LA Galaxy
    Giovani dos Santos (AM) LA Galaxy
    Carlos Vela (RW) LAFC

SWEDEN
    Gustav Svensson (DM) Seattle Sounders

PANAMA
    Michael Amir Murillo (RB) NYRB
    Harold Cummings (CB) SJ Earthquakes
    Fidel Escobar (CB) NYRB
    Roman Torres (CB) Seattle Sounders
    Adolfo Machado (CB) Houston Dynamo
    Anibal Godoy (DM) SJ Earthquakes

***BELGIUM: Laurent Ciman (CB) LAFC – listed as a standby player (If Kompany isn't fit)

Last edited by USAF; June 7, 2018, 02:16 AM.

Thanks for the updates.

Saw Panama v. Norway yesterday. Panama lost, but looked quite good as a team.

I would go out on a limb and say they could beat England in the WC!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

This is a 2017-2018 Highlight Reel of Joshua Pynadath, now at AFC Ajax. Had to leave Real Madrid, because his mother got reassigned to Amsterdam.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCkmnlRmEYE

Comment

Is this a AUFC Summer signing?:
        https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...er-eric-remedi
        Last edited by USAF; June 15, 2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Hearing that Louis van Gaal is one of the coaches contacted about the USMNT head coach position.......If I find out the other head coach candidates I'll let you know.

Comment

Not sure i like his style of coaching. His stint with ManDisUnited left a bitter taste in Rockmans mouth.

Overall he does have a good resume. I think the US can do better.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

There were a few people, earlier this year, who were suggesting that U.S. Soccer should hire Juan Carlos Osorio, after the WC, but they were ignored. I guess they feel Mexico's victory vs Germany "legitimized" their claim, so at least two of them are renewing that suggestion.

Comment

Reported that Orlando City FC is working hard to hire a Brazilian head coach, to fill the opening.......The majority owner & chairman, Flavio Augusto da Silva, is Brazilian.

Comment

Taylor Twellman reported, over the weekend, that "Big Phil" Scolari was their 1st choice, and now I'm seeing another report saying the same thing. This new report also states that they want Kaka to return either as Scolari's understudy or as a GM/Technical Director.......The owner & Kaka are good friends.

Comment

AC Milan could be the next American-owned Euro club:
                    http://www.espn.com/soccer/ac-milan/...uying-ac-milan

Comment

LAFC DP Summer signing arrieved Thursday, and he looks like a very good signing: Andre Horta (21); Portugal; Central Midfield; signed from SL Benfica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSRHbIaprD8

Comment

Working...
                      X