HL!!!.......Got this info yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Got this info yesterday.

Seems Seattle Sounders has a talented group of players in their academy. So far, they have won:
    2017 Youdan Trophy (Sheffield, England)
    Defeated Sparta Rotterdam 3-0; Queens Park Rangers 5-0; Celtic FC 3-1; and Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-1.
    2018 Generation Adidas Cup (Premier Division)
    Defeated Matsumoto Yamaga 6-1; NE Revolution 3-1; Columbus Crew 3-2 (penalties); Montreal Impact 2-1; and NYRB 2-1.
    2018 U16/17 USSDA National Championships
    33 goals in 6 playoff games
    2019 Generation Adidas Cup (Champions Division)
    Lost to Valencia CF 1-0; then Defeated Flamengo 1-0; Montreal Impact 1-0; River Plate 1-0; West Ham United 4-0; and Valencia CF 1-0 (Final).

Academy v. Academy ....yes?

Seems the Seattle must be doing something right.

Also, from an international academy perspective, it's good that this type of competition exists.

Can't help thinking how way behind Jamaica is................
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Mexico's best U17 player, is 16 year-old Efrain Alvarez. Born in Los Angeles, developed in Los Angeles & still plays in Los Angeles (LA Galaxy). Played in the U.S. Soccer youth system until 2017. There was some problem with the U.S. U15 head coach & Mexico lured him away. It's reported that the FMF rates him so highly that they want Tata to cap-tie at the Gold Cup.......I think there are 2 other U.S. born & developed players on Mexico's U17 team.
      Last edited by USAF; April 21, 2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I think Jamaican youth players can sign with MLS academies, since we're in CONCACAF, and a few years ago I suggested that Jamaican youth teams could form partnerships with MLS teams, and start getting their most talented U14s into the MLS academy system.......The MLS academy system has grown so much & is producing some very talented players, plus they are constantly scouted by Euro teams.

Comment

So there you go....I hope the Jamaican system is aware, and will take full advantage.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I hope they can transfer that young, since it's the same confederation. If not, hope the player has family here or in Canada.

Comment

Working...
            X