RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to wise up to the (not so) New World Order JA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to wise up to the (not so) New World Order JA...

...This aint the 1950s/1960s/1970s

IDB Ties Country’s Growth Outlook To Technology Investment

Published:Wednesday | March 27, 2019 | 12:13 AMHuntley Medley/Senior Business Writer

Regional head of the Inter-American Development Bank, IDB, in charge of Latin America and the Caribbean Therese Turner-Jones, is holding up the European country of Estonia as a model for Jamaica, insisting that greater investment in technology and the pursuit of a fully digital society can be catalysts for the economic and social development this country seeks.

This year, the IDB marks 60 years of existence and 50 years of development financing in Jamaica, and Turner-Jones grades the country’s development a C-plus over the period.

Noting that on a technical macroeconomic level, Jamaica is at the best place it has been in decades, she pointed out that such a grade speaks to what remains to be done. In an interview with the Financial Gleaner, the IDB regional head recommended bigger investments in technology to produce a quantum leap forward for the country.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Jangle - you're of the view that the technology-focused development path I outlined "tek too long". Of course that view is completely misinformed & misguided. The fact is...it's actually the shortest path to development as tech moves at warp speed. This is so provided people are properly trained & oriented in technology - from as early as possible. We're on it...fortunately but this needs a HUGE, properly focused national effort
    Nuh tek fi mi word fi dat....

The IDB official notes that one of the interesting things about living today, as opposed to 20, 30 or 50 years ago, is how fast technology is allowing countries that are developing to leapfrog the development curve. In this regard, she pointed to Estonia, which, with its population of 1.3 million, has increased its gross domestic product per capita 15 times, from US$2,000 to US$20,000 in less than 30 years, or since 1991.

Estonia is an almost entirely digital society where all government services are accessed online, and databases shared between government and private enterprises allow for planning in areas such as education and healthcare. In that country, too, Wi-Fi access is considered a fundamental right and is one of the values on which the society is based, the others being mothers, bread and forests.
    Last edited by Don1; March 28, 2019, 06:35 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Is this the kind of technology you have been preaching??? Everybody know that tis is a must. Not evolutionary. Anytime them ready and serious them can link me about implementation of a system. Healthcare is woefully in need of nationalize computer system. I doubt Jangle is saying updating the current IT system is too long term.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

me soon write an epistle to answer you and clarify my points.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Link you??? LOL!! Mi spleen! 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            me soon write an epistle to answer you and clarify my points.
            Ok boss. Juss mek sure yuh include di part bout di St Thomas whores fi service di overweight tourist guy dem 🤨

Comment

Not you, the government reps who just talk about it and do nothing.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Not you, the government reps who just talk about it and do nothing.
                Do nothing? People fi run yuh down? Yuh dat special? Look in the mirror first bout do nothing.

If you feel you have something useful to offer there’s nothing stopping you from acting on it. Tiyad ah di empty yapping

Jamaicans need to forego the yapping and start doing ..if unnu feel unnu cyan create value. Action not a bag-a-mout

Alllllll Aboardddd! TOOT!! TOOT!! 🙂
                Last edited by Don1; March 29, 2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

BTW the key issue is not buying equipment and installing systems. That’s the easy part. Lots of solution providers out there hawking their products for upgrading systems. Dime a dozen

The critical issue for JA is DEVELOPING HUMAN CAPITAL so the country can take advantage of modern systems. That means massive investment in technology training and certification- so we can create a “culture of science & technology” - Meaning the ability to make/maintain/market/monetize valuable 21st Century products.

That’s exactly what Estonia has in the example given - and what JA should be aiming for within 20 years or so. Not merely yapping , singing, dancing, entertaining, playing sports...and pleasuring foreigners.

There’s a place for that stuff... just not at the top of the totem pole if we’re serious about development 😎
                  Last edited by Don1; March 29, 2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

again you chat without knowing anything. Just stop yapping when you know nothing. My crew and I have been in touch with Ministry of Health, held two meetings and gave them a good demo which they responded that is was good.

They have not follow through on this or started the project. For the purpose of tooting your horn I will will just give you the floor.
                    Last edited by Assasin; March 29, 2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

lol....
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

How you do that without the system implementation. You have to develop the deliverables and the goals. Implementation of the system is key then you can talk bout human resources and training for this.

Who you think you talking to??? I have years of experience implementing project, planning and maintenance, I have nothing to prove to you.

Comment

More yapping. Carry on 🙂
                          Last edited by Don1; March 29, 2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

LOL!! Your “crew” was “in touch” and gave a “good demo” - FANTASTIC! 😂

Comment

Working...
                            X