Jawge and fellow Gooners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge and fellow Gooners

What are the prevailing sentiments on Ozil exclusion plus English emphasis on running around tackling.
    My opinion is accommodate skill and creative players and use players with less skills to be the work horse. Or get whole team to use 5 minutes win the ball you lost back. Opinions please.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Hope u do not mind my unsolicited response.
    I think Emry is waaaay to comfortable, and that has everything to do with the Wenger out crowd being all accepting because Wenger's tenure should never be revisted.
    Two things Emry has done that I find illogical, you have two formidable strikers yet he refuses to start both of them together even though one is effective on the left whilst the other is on the right, and he sidelines Ozil possibly resulting in points being dropped.
    What would be his decision if he was told that not fielding lazy Ozil would cost the team wins?

Comment

Boss, can you believe this? About two hrs ago I was at a Jakan spot
      the restaurant (city fan) and the chef (arsenal man) came out to see me and quiz me on the latest in Epl. I gave them a quick talk because had to run.

Anyway Boss as I told the Chef; You guys have to spend some money if you want to be even sixth place next EPL. Oh on Ozil, Ozil is the one that's initiating the Jogo Bonito at Arsenal.

The thing about running and tackling is that; it's an easier way to play. To achieve quick retrieval of the ball then pass, one would have to develop a system akin to that of Barca. Right now Emery just don't have the people to do that. This is why you see spurts of the Jogo bonito in the team. Emery has to get over his thing with the Brazilians at PSG You will not gain titles in Europe without a Brazilian in your squad. Look to the middle East a jewel is there for you (fits well in what Emery wants). Sell the team to one of those Sheikhs from the middle east, this way you can get some serious defenders. You could even go for Walace (the younger version of Casemiro)

Comment

Let me add; I think it's the teams below the present top six that does mostly running and hard tackling. At times you do find the top six dabbling from time to time .

It's really an art form to steal the ball from your opponent. Most teams won't spend time to learn this art.

Comment

great question, I am actually disappointed with Unai , I think he is a good coach but making the same mistake other coaches makes. Mesut is useless without the ball and Insi can’t find a system that hides him defensively and get the most out of him offensively. The fact is Arsenal is better with him . My sense he is paying for some of Neymar’s Sins at PSG. Unai is making a point. But look at this fact , they are at the same place in the standings as they were under Arnse , they look mote organized defensively but still leaking goals but less creative offensively.

Comment

Liverpool presses high and hard, as soon as ball is lost in opponents half they ALL press to win it back.

Comment

I need to give a more comprehensive answer on this. Will come back on this.

Comment

Boss word on the street is that Arsenal only has 45 mil. That is madness the back line has to be revamped. You need a hard man in the middle who can win balls and find Ade. If you don't spend money not even 6th place is guaranteed
                next season.

Emery has good intentions in terms of style of play but he carries a grudge
                He has to let go of the past and look ahead. Can he really take Arsenal to championship level? I mean winning EPL and CL. Time will tell No two ways about ; for Arsenal to win a title they have to get quality players to put with Ade (Copy of Henry). If not it will be Europa League.

Comment

Working...
                X