Ronnie Thwaites strikes - Transfer Market Tun Up,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Thwaites strikes - Transfer Market Tun Up,

Transfer Market tun up, old boys will beat the system by paying off principals and Ministry oficials

Principals of the receiving and sending schools, along with parents, must sign the necessary forms before presentation to the Ministry, which will then determine if the student can handle the curriculum at the receiving school, and ensure arrangements are in place.

http://rjrnewsonline.com/local/educa...ation-minister
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

I hope there is a lot more than what I am reading to rhatid, such as sanctions and punishment for schools otherwise nothing will change.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      I hope there is a lot more than what I am reading to rhatid, such as sanctions and punishment for schools otherwise nothing will change.
      Thwaites also says Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association will continue to impose a mandatory one-year wait period, but will add the option of additional waiting periods or school bans where there are proven breaches in the transfer process.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/2...letes-come-end
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Its going to be impossible to stop ALL transfers as long as there are greedy parents out there; this little boy from Spot Valley high won the Class 3 800m at Champs last year but before that his mother was contacting Calabar to take the boy. The boy who was at the time living with the coach's family tells them he does not want to move but the mother insists, now the kid is not going to classes nor is he training; he will be asked to leave and if he ends up back at Spot Valley or another school he will miss another year...so two years down the drain
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
          Transfer Market tun up, old boys will beat the system by paying off principals and Ministry oficials

Principals of the receiving and sending schools, along with parents, must sign the necessary forms before presentation to the Ministry, which will then determine if the student can handle the curriculum at the receiving school, and ensure arrangements are in place.

http://rjrnewsonline.com/local/educa...ation-minister
          Missa Reid the natives are restless..but gwaan orda couple more trophy cabinet fi hangle di ovaflow
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What I want to see is something in the line of

Schools that have breaches will be stopped from having any transfer student participate in school sport for a year.

Second breach will result in school been suspend from the sport in which the breach too place for a year plus a fine.

I would expect them to hire one or two experience investigators to get to the bottom of trade problems. It is simply too easy for the schools to get off and student face the brunt of the punishment.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              Its going to be impossible to stop ALL transfers as long as there are greedy parents out there; this little boy from Spot Valley high won the Class 3 800m at Champs last year but before that his mother was contacting Calabar to take the boy. The boy who was at the time living with the coach's family tells them he does not want to move but the mother insists, now the kid is not going to classes nor is he training; he will be asked to leave and if he ends up back at Spot Valley or another school he will miss another year...so two years down the drain

Moving a kid away from his high school friends can be traumatic for the child. So sad, he needs professional help ASAP. I wonder why she wanted her son to attend Calabar? Kick back money? Pride? Better training facilities?

Comment

yeah the parents are one thing, but if make the schools the target then things may change.

Schools need to be punished or they will always encourage parents to do it.

Comment

Well it is a start, lets see what the details and the monitoring process looks like.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    Well it is a start, lets see what the details and the monitoring process looks like.
                    Is the new system is biased against schools with a high academic standard because the transferee has to demonstrate that he or she has the ability to meet the academic standards of the new school?

Where Wolmer's and St Georges going to recruit ballers that meet their academic standards?

Comment

It really depends on what exactly is meant by this statement:

Thwaites says the ministry will review the student’s academic record to determine if he or she is able to cope with the curriculum of the receiving school.
                      I suspect that they have not yet figured out what that means exactly in practice. It has to be more than if you have a poor academic record you will not be able to transfer to a school with a good record. That would not make much sense and it would be discriminatory as well.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The foot note about school been punish not enough for me. It should have been the headline and the punishment been highlighted.

You see oftentimes the big schools don't get punish always get away with whatever they want, only some little country school or an inner city school that only few people attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                          Is the new system is biased against schools with a high academic standard because the transferee has to demonstrate that he or she has the ability to meet the academic standards of the new school?

Where Wolmer's and St Georges going to recruit ballers that meet their academic standards?
                          LOL!!!!!

Man fi fool... but nuh suh
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

is it ossible to stop everything that is illegal?

i will pre-empt you by saying "NO"! that doesn't mean that we shouldnt put processes in place to safeguard whatever it is that we want to safeguard.

as ian said, the main change is the ministry's involvement in the clearinghouse and the requirement for both pricipals to sign. will that prevent monies from changing hands? probably not, BUT if it can be proven then there should be sanctions. have those been looked at yet?

should include forfeiting games, races, points and maybe even titles ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Transfers should be allowed without any restrictions!

...and that should be that!

All these restrictions encourage underperforming schools to continue to underperform.

If EDUCATION in schools is not about development of the whole child then 'the powers that be' can continue with the restrictions.

It is madness for Sass' Titchfield or my Mannings or Munro to continue to wallow in mediocrity and turn around and punish the child and his family who seek a superior environment for self-development.
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X