USA 1, Ecuador 0.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA 1, Ecuador 0.

So USAF....USA SOCCER membership has it's privileges.

My secretary and I were invited to box suite at Orlando stadium for drinks and a bite to eat before the game. Quite entertaining.

It was a good game imo. Ecuador played a strong team...Antonio Valencia incl.

The USA missed 1 or 2 clear opportunities. Zardes goal was a fluke. As you'll agree he is not a good fit on the squad.

Bradley has passed his sell by date...

Adams, McKinney, Lletget are all excellent addition.

Pencil in another win for Berhalter. Chile on next week will be his biggest test. From what i can see USA football appears to be back in business.

The trip was actually worth it. May visit Mickey mouse today
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Oh btw. Mckinney may be out for the rest of the season!

That injury does not look good. His ankle twisted 90 deg.

Hope I am wrong.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...s-and-stripes/
    Last edited by HL; March 22, 2019, 11:33 AM.

HL

Comment

Good!!! You got the "VIP treatment". You deserve it.

The game was OK!!! The U.S. wasn't tested, as Ecuador was content to sit back & defend, for almost the entire game.......Hope Chile comes with an attacking team.

Zardes has never impressed, playing for the U.S., but they keep pushing him. Striker/center-forward is probably the weakest position for the USMNT, and I don't think Berhalter's giving other prospects a chance to challenge for the spot. He's doing what Klinsmann & Arena did, for their favorite players, and that just fosters complacency.

Still not sold on Berhalter's tactics - playing Adams at RB, which I think is a waste of his talent & abilities, and have him move into CM (box-to-box) during the game. That leaves a gaping hole in defense, and we'd get killed by a good attacking/counter-attacking team.......I'd like to see a 4-3-3, with Adams & McKinnie playing LM & RM, or Adams at DM, McKinnie at LM & Lletget at RM. If Berhalter want's to stay with a 4-2-3-1, then have Adams at DM & McKinnie playing the CM/box-to-box role, and move Lletget to the 10 (would also like to see how Duane Holmes does at the 10).

Bradley is there because he's one of Berhalter's favorite.
      Last edited by USAF; March 22, 2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

They have ruled it as a sprained ankle, so far, but they took him, with the team, to Houston for an MRI & further evaluation.......Hope it's just a sprain, and he doesn't have any fractures/breaks and/or ligament damage.

Adams returned to Germany (RB Leipzig) today. I'm hearing that Manchester City is following him closely, as his midfield play reminds them of Fernandinho.......We'll see what happens, as RB Leipzig doesn't expect him to stay there for long, based on the interest he's already getting from teams in La Liga, Serie A & Premier League.

Comment

McKinnie out for several weeks:
          https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...s-ankle-injury

Comment

Not surprised. Did not look good when it happened.

Hope the he recover fully. This kid shows a lot of promise.

HL

Comment

Working...
            X