The boys development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boys development

The boys are still moving along in their soccer development. I have learned the bias, the development and non development of the US soccer system. Our club is one of the biggest in Georgia and the South East providing players for the US Development and national teams. The teams in Georgia has become Oligarchs buying out all the local community clubs, raising the feels and it involves a lot of politics and in many cases is about winning rather than development of players. My boys despite been leading scorers at the young age and also good defensively were not chosen for any of the two top teams at u13. The politics was so stink as they see players who can’t play the game move ahead because they have to pick from most of the local clubs, within the club, they have to pick coaches son and friend. Granted I know the team is hard to pick and when you are looking at 200 kids in 4 days it is not easy. It is simple more time is need to be spent by directors. How can you get evaluation saying your kid is above the standard and 4 months later at tryouts they are not on the radar? I haven’t move clubs as the club has bought out every local club within a 15 to 20 mile range from my house that is decent and most large clubs are the same.
    Anyway I told my sons that nothing will come easy for them and if they want to play the game they have to work harder and everything will work out. I was kind of happy for them to see this for themselves at a young age. Forward a few months later they wanted one of my son to guest player on higher team because they were losing. The smaller one within a month his coach was recommending him for the DA top team and I declined for a few reasons as I had written a letter to the club telling them about their BS plus at that point I wanted an input in my sons development and DA train 4 days a week and limit your kid to one sport.
    Fast forward a year later my older one team went unbeaten and in practice they would beat the team rated above them and tie or lose by 1 goal margin to the top team. The younger one still continue and did his thing. The kids are set apart as I spend time teaching them the game, work with a Brazilian friend with futsal in the winter and they work on their game.
    Forward two years later, many of the kids they pushed are now on teams below or not as good as they thought. My older kid is been asked to train with the top team now, the younger one has impressed the coaches with his ability to play. Both are team players who move the ball and can change a game. The older one is primarily a midfielder and is excellent at controlling the game. The Younger one play any position on the field. He is a very good defensive center half, defensive mid, or flank player (this although he small and haven’t hit teen growth spur yet). Both understand the game and are usually within the 90 percent rage of passing. The older one was seen in a practice game by a coach for a u16 team asked him to play and train with them when he can.
    The boys are doing well and I am pleased about their intelligence and leadership in the game. The older one is looking to high school game next year. It is hard work as every weekend I am playing all over Georgia, Alabama, Coralina or few times in Florida both Saturday and Sundays
    Based on what I have seen many of the US clubs are more concern with making the money, the..friendship and many of the coaches like the bigger kids and fast kids, less effort is spent on developing the knowledge of the game and passes through the middle. That is part of the reason you hear “the better athletes are going to other sports” and why the US has not produce great midfielders as they concentrate on moving the ball on the wing and over the top and struggle in midfield against good Mexican and other short passing midfield while some taking too many touches on the ball instead of 1-2s.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Peter come arrest diss bredda and spell check im out, not only dat grammatical sentence structure is lacking.

Whey yuh deh , Pet'y.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yuh ‘Ave a problem y’kno
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Suh wait,when dem fryers a gwaaan wid dem literacy problem unnu quiet,but mek I misspell one word,card get draw.

Look man if yuh live in a glass house.....

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yuh need a pet dog in your life.....you know what.....on second thought, you may end up kicking the dog.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Now thats not nice.

Comment

Spoken like every parent whose kid(s) were not selected.

But I get your point Assasin. For 'us' it's not supposed to be easy. Everything in life is going to be 2x harder.

The irony is that I like it that way. It makes 'us' 2x better, since we read 2x more books, train 2x harder etc etc ...………..

On a personal note, I now cherish the discrimination, prejudice and lack of opportunity I experienced back in my corporate days. If it were not for that....I would not be where I am today. (You know!!).

So continue to work hard with the Boys...their opportunity will come. From my experience, It always turn out that those missed and denied opportunities are stepping stones. You will look back and say-- just as I did....THANKS!!!
              Last edited by HL; February 17, 2020, 02:48 PM.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                Peter come arrest diss bredda and spell check im out, not only dat grammatical sentence structure is lacking.

Whey yuh deh , Pet'y.
                I have not seen your level of 'JUMPY-ness' before.

Yuh illness needs serious attention !!
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I can understand as a parent that the system nuh fair and it is worst when a coach told me that he will make sure my young was in the DA Pool based on his play and when I went on vacation it was since then the coach can't look me in my face. It was so obvious in his case.

Anyway I was kind of glad they got that lesson at an early age as telling them they have to be twice as good wouldn't register until it hit them in their face. It is a life lesson and it has also helped them in there school. Because of this they will also pay more attention to what I advise them on their game. yeah HL just as you can grow from it, they have to learn.

In general I am just amaze at the "development process" and how it kill some good youths.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Keep the faith brother. Keep encouraging the kids and don’t stop working on technique and agility and coordination. The size will come If you are good enough the scouts will see you where you are. Keep working and get them inftont of Atlanta FC academy. I have found out in my experience TFC was above petty club politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                      Suh wait,when dem fryers a gwaaan wid dem literacy problem unnu quiet,but mek I misspell one word,card get draw.

Look man if yuh live in a glass house.....
                      wooiiieee mi clavicle!!
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Thanks OJ. They did the goal keeper/striker camp with ATL United. It was great for keepers but not for strikers. ATL have the Regional development program (RDS) but the boys didn't want to do it as they said too many kids on their teams make it and they think the standard was too low. By the way they currently practice about two blocks from the United field. United uses this field once in a while.

Right now they are in good places and have decent coaches to call on, they just need to work harder and continue to impress. I know I am lucky to have some knowledge of the game and have kids who are smart and will put in the work. it irks me to see some of the others go by and waste their talent because of this Oligarchy system.

Comment

Working...
                        X