Port Royal gets another ship call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Royal gets another ship call

Port Royal has secured a second cruise ship to call at the port, but not until 2022.

Crystal Cruises, an American cruise line based in Los Angeles, California, has listed the Port Royal cruise port as one of 219 destinations it will explore in 83 countries in 2022.

Development of the port, which will be served by a floating pier, is ongoing. The pier itself is expected to be installed by this weekend, and more work is to be done on land.

The Port Authority of Jamaica is investing about US$40 million in Port Royal, inclusive of the cost of the SeaWalk floating pier, a cruise terminal, restoration of Fort Charles, a museum and a live archaeological dig.

The cruise ship has the capacity to carry up to 1,800 passengers and is expected to bring mainly European visitors to the island. Port Royal is to become a second Jamaican stop on its itinerary.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/b...ther-ship-call
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Toot Toot. I was just about to post it.

Look like it is going to draw some dollars from high end ships.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was in Port Royal a month ago and the town and the product need some serious financial investments. The town won’t be ready for tourists by January.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Good news. I was in Nassau the other day and there were 5 ships docked at the same time. I was amazed.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Nothing over kingston,nothing .All them affi duh is direct dem to the fish ,crab ,lobster and jerk spot.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

While I was in Kingston I went to the new Gloria’s on the waterfront and was gobsmacked to see about 7 cargo ships waiting in line, stretched across the harbor. A week later on my way over to Port Royal, there were another set of ships parked around the harbor. There’s going to be a traffic jam of ships when those cruise lines come calling. The restaurants that I ate at were teeming with patrons both locals, expatriates and foreigners.

Comment

Write your article please and post it.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Logic One warehouse — up and running

Celebrations Brands Limited (CBL) yesterday (August 20) officially opened its new warehouse distribution project — Logic One as its central hub for islandwide distribution.

This warehouse marks the first of three phases expected to be completed during a five-year plan by the company.

CBL is a beverage and spirits distributor; home to approximately 40 brands including Pepsi, Ting, Red Stripe, Gatorade, Heineken and Malta.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...6?profile=1056

Comment

It is going to take some time but the tourist that are coming seems to be more interested in the history and culture. Let us see how it is in January.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Logistic development — a catalyst for driving economies

At the opening ceremony for Celebration Brand's Limited's (CBL) Logic One warehouse on Tuesday (August 20), Anthony Hylton, Member of Parliament (MP) for Western St Andrew, expressed elation that his vision for logistic development within the country has now started to take root.

Hylton's expression of satisfaction came as a result of the warehouse aiding in the coming together and expansion of efficiencies within the productive sector.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...2?profile=1056

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle
                      Port Royal has secured a second cruise ship to call at the port, but not until 2022.

Crystal Cruises, an American cruise line based in Los Angeles, California, has listed the Port Royal cruise port as one of 219 destinations it will explore in 83 countries in 2022.

Development of the port, which will be served by a floating pier, is ongoing. The pier itself is expected to be installed by this weekend, and more work is to be done on land.

The Port Authority of Jamaica is investing about US$40 million in Port Royal, inclusive of the cost of the SeaWalk floating pier, a cruise terminal, restoration of Fort Charles, a museum and a live archaeological dig.

The cruise ship has the capacity to carry up to 1,800 passengers and is expected to bring mainly European visitors to the island. Port Royal is to become a second Jamaican stop on its itinerary.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/b...ther-ship-call
                      What a waste.

Comment

Working...
                      X