No announcement yet.

Question for Forumites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is the point, he has said the same thing over. I can remember distinctly as he opposed Madam X on this topic.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ok, I am still in that alternate universe.

How does one leave this place? I need a reality check!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

In Lucretia's parlance, him a 92 hears hold.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Heed the Captain's advice of yore. LOL.
          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Ageism is alive and well on the forum I see, the politics of the person aside. Bernie Sanders okay to run for President? Raoul Castro should step down? What's the cut off age??
            Peter R

Comment

Show me a progressive country that have a 80 year old leader? The fact is you send your kids go a college and get them better educated than you, now it is time for you to watch them step it up. A so mi see it. No man nuh business fi a lead a country for 30 plus years especially if there is no growth and progress. A so me see it. Yes one of the reason I wouldn't vote for Bernie. Hillary just bearly a get mine for that. Yes Castro could give someone else a chance now. Why do we have retirement age if age makes no difference?

mi know you still a tell your youth you coulda run ball round him but.....
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It should be the cut off she for civil servants, why not? What are they saying about age and performance?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Supreme Justices?
                  The lines are blurred,it remains a question of entitlements.

Comment

Funny enough I had this conversation a few days ago...he took land from the white farmers and chased them from the country and then turned the land over to his political cronies and now the people are starving as the land stays idle.

But people see him as a 'strong black voice' for his insane utterances
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

It just got even worse. This new development where the Zim government, going hat in hand and begging the IMF, has been told to compensate the white farmers big money for their loss is a major turn of events.

So after all this the end result could well be the same as what could have been done with a sensible land redistribution program , and without all the destruction to the economy.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Nobody disagrees with the need for land reform. What people like myself are disgusted with is Mugabes approach to it which was never going to be easy, but which he mismanaged and from all accounts used as a political tool.

Hell, even if he had done an excellent job with the land redistribution it makes no sense for a man who is 92 years old and has been at the helm for almost 40 years to continue. Is he the leader of Zimbabwe or the King of Zimbabwe?

Why is it we hold African leaders to a lower standard than all other world leaders? Do we think Africans are less capable and equipped to lead?
                        Why is age the 'marker'?
                        ...shouldn't it be about better alternates...or not p to the job?

Hey! ...there is no reason to think a 90 year old or 110 year...or even older person could not be simply BRILLIANT at what is needed!

I would leave the 'age thing' just as I would leave the 'colour thing'...and other reasons used to discriminate, 'out'!!!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Age matters...at some point it affects your mental alertness, your willingness to adapt to change and your ability to learn new things. Then put that person in a position where they have almost total power and you have a recipe for disaster.

Mugabe outlived his usefulness at least 20 years ago. All he has done since then is destroy his legacy,
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                          X