Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae all a fame (Way to go sirs)

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...-Fame_19228079
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Nice idea but like most things unless someone with a passion and some basic organization skill owns it and drives forward, it won't happen.

Please keep govt out of it as much as possible, unless you want it to be a home for madmen and tying out goats.

Money to construct the hall of fame could be sourced from the Diaspora.

"You could ask everybody to send US$10. But you have to have transparency and decent people handling the money and get an architect to design a nice place.
    This is the kind of idea that will get nuff "Likes" on Facebook......until its time to collect and then *******crickets*****
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

LOL!!! you see it too.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes...JC Ites are all about building lasting & valuable national institutions...not mere yappin, Babylon trinket-consuming or selfish money-making like most Jamaicans

More to come...so please stand by

Fervet Opus in Campis
        Last edited by Don1; September 10, 2015, 03:06 PM.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          Nice idea but like most things unless someone with a passion and some basic organization skill owns it and drives forward, it won't happen.

Please keep govt out of it as much as possible, unless you want it to be a home for madmen and tying out goats.

This is the kind of idea that will get nuff "Likes" on Facebook......until its time to collect and then *******crickets*****
          I posted about a Reggae Hall of fame several years ago.

If it were even established--a big area of contention would be "who could be inducted".

Two close friend and i discussed this, and a consensus among us was not forth-coming.............

Yes, there are artists who would naturaly make the cut...like those listed by the Inner Circle Brothers.
          Last edited by HL; September 10, 2015, 04:51 PM.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

it full arready .... derrick harriot, clancy eckles, bunny and scully, desmond dekker, the wailing wailers as a group and individually, bob andy, prince buster ... whew mi tiyad ... toots, millie small, the mighty diamonds, Jacob miller tinga and roman stewart (songwriters or artists), max romeo ... dang ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              it full arready .... derrick harriot, clancy eckles, bunny and scully, desmond dekker, the wailing wailers as a group and individually, bob andy, prince buster ... whew mi tiyad ... toots, millie small, the mighty diamonds, Jacob miller tinga and roman stewart (songwriters or artists), max romeo ... dang ...
              FULLY agree with ALL your inductees.

Would you put Buju in the hall of Fame?

HL

Comment

Selection would best be handled by a group like the Jamaica Federation of musicians, but they don't seem to be very active these days.

One of our big problems is continuity and sustainability. Jamaica Music awards lasted a few years, then nothing. If the hall of fame or museum can't sustain itself it will fold in a few years or end up being an embarassment.

HL, during my recent ATL visit I went to the Coca-Cola museum. You have to ask yourself how do these people manage to create a viable operation based on the history of a soft drink? It was a welll spent few hours but really, they are not working with a whole lot, they just found a way to make it interesting. They make such a big show out of the secret formula for example. Those people are experts at what they do, no question about it.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

on the work he has done so far, no. shabba, yes. buju may yet make it though depending on what happens upon his release.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The same is done with tourist destinations like Stone Mountain, Pigeon Forge, Blue Ridge etc...etc...

Regular places but 'hyped' into something exciting!!

HL

Comment

Beg to disagree Sir G. On the strength of Til Shiloh alone he should be there. If one wishes to factor in his current troubles as a factor I have no issue with that. But on the quality of his music I think he matches Shabba on the Dancehall side and trumps him him on the reggae/cultural side. Some man say the the coke thing diminishes his accomplishments and I understand that opinion.

Comment

Buju, Beenieman, Yellowman, Michigan n Smiley, Admiral Bailey, Ninjaman....whew me tyad....Peter Metro, Barrington Levy, Shaggy, Sean Paul, Maxi Priest, Bounty Killer, Black Uhuru, Steel Pulse, Third World, Jimmy Cliff....cho mek me stop
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Let me add a few: Byron Lee and the Dragonaires, Fab 5, Tomorrows Children. ZapPow, Max Romeo, Burning Spear, Augustus Pablo, SLy and Robbie, URoy, Ken Boothe, Big Youth, UB40.. whew mi tyad
                          Peter R

Comment

Ken Lazarus?
                            Peter R

Comment

Yes, we have mentioned this before. One ting this should not be managed by the Gov't. Most of the music from the old JBC has been looted & stolen years ago and gone forever. Butch Stewart is best able to take on this.
                              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X