No announcement yet.

My fellow Manuligans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good thing us fans are not coaches but just "great" TV analysts. OGS came in and has changed the team's style of play and also the mentality of the players. He is restoring the ethos of the club, which was, we must attack...if you score 2 goals against us, then we will score 3 against you. I remember when back in the days, opponents would quake in their diapers with the thought of coming to Old Trafford and getting a point. I remember April 25, 2009, I was sitting in the stands at the Penn Relays. We were playing Tottenham in the league and when I checked in on the scores, Tottenham had us down 2 - 0 in the first half. The next time I checked, we had won the game 5 - 2. This is the belief in self that OGS is bringing back to the club.

When Pep came to Sh!tty, I was one who laughed and ridiculed him for being stubborn and not changing his attacking style to adapt to the EPL. He stuck with his style and now the EPL is adapting to him. We are regaining our identity and Fellani does not fit that.

PSG has to fear our forwards as much as we have to fear theirs.

In the last match, I gave OGS a grade 7. His tactics worked beautifully and he won the first half. He got an extra 2 points for winning the match or else it would have been 5 points. He failed to make the necessary adjustments to contain Pinocchio's change in formation in the second half. This could be down to the player's being fatigued or just limited in their skill levels, which goes to my point about their mediocrity. We still need an overhaul of the squad.

2 Wingbacks
    1 Central defender
    1 Poorman Pogba
    1 Right winger
    1 Defensive midfielder
    1 Upgrade to Jesse Lingard
    1 recognised cheap striker

Players to sell or give away

1. Phil Jones
    2. Rojo
    3. Valencia
    4. Mata
    5. Fellani
    6. Sanchez
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      It's a good thing us fans are not coaches but just "great" TV analysts. OGS came in and has changed the team's style of play and also the mentality of the players. He is restoring the ethos of the club, which was, we must attack...if you score 2 goals against us, then we will score 3 against you. I remember when back in the days, opponents would quake in their diapers with the thought of coming to Old Trafford and getting a point. I remember April 25, 2009, I was sitting in the stands at the Penn Relays. We were playing Tottenham in the league and when I checked in on the scores, Tottenham had us down 2 - 0 in the first half. The next time I checked, we had won the game 5 - 2. This is the belief in self that OGS is bringing back to the club.

When Pep came to Sh!tty, I was one who laughed and ridiculed him for being stubborn and not changing his attacking style to adapt to the EPL. He stuck with his style and now the EPL is adapting to him. We are regaining our identity and Fellani does not fit that.

PSG has to fear our forwards as much as we have to fear theirs.

In the last match, I gave OGS a grade 7. His tactics worked beautifully and he won the first half. He got an extra 2 points for winning the match or else it would have been 5 points. He failed to make the necessary adjustments to contain Pinocchio's change in formation in the second half. This could be down to the player's being fatigued or just limited in their skill levels, which goes to my point about their mediocrity. We still need an overhaul of the squad.

2 Wingbacks
      1 Central defender
      1 Poorman Pogba
      1 Right winger
      1 Defensive midfielder
      1 Upgrade to Jesse Lingard
      1 recognised cheap striker

Players to sell or give away

1. Phil Jones
      2. Rojo
      3. Valencia
      4. Mata
      5. Fellani
      6. Sanchez
      What a backside if Sanchez's performance improve as well?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yeah but Fellaini has unique attributes, why limit our options?

Comment

Ok, point taken. You may be right. I will hold my tongue on Pep. The only way to know is to watch Ole go in with the same team that played Spurs. We shall see in Feb.

Comment

Fine, I guess Neymar is the same player as Son. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              When Pep came to Sh!tty, I was one who laughed and ridiculed him for being stubborn and not changing his attacking style to adapt to the EPL. He stuck with his style and now the EPL is adapting to him.
              My how the tables have turned. Now you are the one being laughed at and ridiculed

Comment

The weed called analysis. Pablo, you know that two of those goals came from deflections? Yes? Pool took 36 shots on goal and got three. Manu took 6 and got one. It's clear that Manu had a better shot to goal ratio. What if Manu took six more shots?Well Manu was handicapped in the sense that they were playing with ten men (seeing that the speed of the game excluded Lukaku).

What I took away is that Manu had a damn good defence; which held for sustained periods. That defence can give Manu titles. Your players were getting disheartened at point (which is the whole point of good defending).

Comment

Yes it held Bricky better than city against pool. Ask yourself why Jesus couldn't play. It's because three of your back line was on yellow cards and Pep had to make changes there because a second yellow meant red and to play with ten men would be a boon to Klopp. Why pep keep rotating his back line with people who aren't really solid there? That tackle Kompany put on Salah, do you think he can go to camp nou and o the same to Messi? Be prepared to play with ten men (then Messi and Co. will dance).

Otamendi has no one but himself to blame (I was mad and said this in my house). Otamendi has the potential to reach the heights of Pasarella but he doesn't discipline himself to consistently play at a high level hence Pep could do as he pleases with him. If Otamendi was consistently playing at high levels Pep dared not bench him.

Long story short; your D didn't hold against Klopp. What helped was your attacking end and the fact that Salah disappeared (after that tackle).

Comment

Btw hid a little treasure from both you and HL in that 82 squad thread. I know you guys would miss it all because it it said Brasil 82

Comment

Did not miss it King! I saw the youtube links.

But you know a like to holemikorner sometimes.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Respek sah Same here more while mi juss hol fi mi said speed. Ah nuh nutten

Comment

Well then good for us. He needs to start paying us back.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle, the thing is almost all our players were performing during that period that made you critical of Sanchez.
                            The thing about Sanchez there is no need for our wing ----backs to overlap if he is fielded, they may concentrate on defensive duties.
                            Lingard, Rasford,and Herrera are playing much better under this new system, my guess is so too will Sanchez..
                            He will tackle the opposing defenders in attempt for his team to regain ball possession.He is quick and a better crosser of the ball that everyone we have with the exception of Young.

Comment

S/b ....were performing poorly...

Comment

Working...
                              X