RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edwards: A vision for School boy football to move forward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards: A vision for School boy football to move forward!

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...3?profile=1511
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Restructing school boy football

http://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impro...lboy-football/

I think Don made a similar proposal or Jangle,Glad to see someone post progressive ideas like we have been doing for years on the site in the Jamaican mainstream media.

Kudos to Mr .Edwards,others need to step up and present there's put pressure on the stakeholders to move forward.

This is what some of us don't understand,we have a voice,the foundation of every club is it's supporter's,our club is Jamaican football as such we have to advocate for best practices across the length and breath of Jamaican football for positive change,call a spade a spade,speak up! That voice isn't reserved for School boy football but RSPl,Ub40,ref education,coaching ,education,corporate sponsorship etc etc.

Pressssha di shitstem ! Even the dumb and ignorant have a voice to Garner in change,look at Trump ,you think his ignorance won't bring positive change to this nation,when he leaves checks and balances will be implemented to deal with another ignorant president,and it all came about because people spoke up,against the fren - fren ting.😉

That's why I keep stressing bull ead has his purpose.

The only thing missing from Mr Edwards piece was the stakeholders benefits,he needs to sell it to the sponsors,how do they benefit$$$$.
    Last edited by Sir X; January 3, 2018, 02:55 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I like it. Simple yet effective plan that’s easy to implement and will benefit our national program as a by-product.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Not into the tier system,a zone system based on strength would be better,because everyone wants to play the Big boys.Meaning once you win your zone you play the winner of the other zone,which could be a Big school.

Kudos for putting the debate on the table in John public's eyes,the media houses need to take it up,question if they can come up with something better,in truth the old shitstem is antiquated.

Comment

The 3 tiers can be within geographical zones.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He needs to explain it, tier suggests a ladder system of promotion and relegation, elitist where the Big schools would occupy tier 1,we can't have that it stygmatizies the small schools,as if they aren't fighting against that already,the proper terminology is reinforces that they can't compete!

Comment

In the effort of national development and even as a spectacle in itself, there's nothing wrong with the tier system with schools being promoted and demoted at the end of the season. JC scoring 16 goals against a small school like say Tarrant High is far less entertaining than JC and KC playing to 0 - 0 draw.

Comment

So is Man U,City ,LFC,Chelsea and Spurs drubbing the relegation teams.

Zone the big boys with these weaker teams,excellent prep for them to advance to the semifinals over a 7month period.

Having the Big boys knock themselves out too early isn't good for the gate$$$! Compounding what I stated before about elitism.

Comment

Iron sharpen iron.

Comment

ok now you can agree that ISSA need a techincal team and should work with JFF on this.

One thing I can see and that is ISSA is not going to lengthen soccer season because it will run into the track season, something they don't want. It would change how they operate too much.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We agree that he made proposals that should be put on the table,i.e in the public media for debate,of note your proposal that ISSA should work with the JFF in implementing a technical committee makes sense,as it has been suggested in the past, welcome aboard 😏

As for it running into champs, schedule the competitions to start a month and a half early,so it ends by the end of February.

No biggie.

Comment

This proposal will do nothing to develop football in Jamaica. Unless and until we have a concentration of the best players with the best coaches working together there is virtually zero chance that we will produce the teams we are capable of. Unless I missed it, there was nothing that factored in the professional clubs which is where the emphasis for development should be...not in the schools. The best players should go to school, then go train with professionals, and cheer on their friends who are not good enough to play for a club team but love the sport and want to pay recreationally.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I cant

This proposal will do nothing to develop football in Jamaica. Unless and until we have a concentration of the best players with the best coaches working together

Really the push back is the Big schools have that concentration of best players and coaches, did you read what he said about compensation for players transfered i.e di buying phenom as wi call it.

there is virtually zero chance that we will produce the teams we are capable of. Unless I missed it, there was nothing that factored in the professional clubs which is where the emphasis for development should be...not in the schools.

Again if the clubs were good at development why would the concentration of best players be in the school boy system ? Also do we have professional clubs in Jamaica,last time I checked they were debating about a franchise system for clubs since WC 98

The best players should go to school, then go train with professionals, and cheer on their friends who are not good enough to play for a club team but love the sport and want to pay recreationally.

.....LOL,does the last paragraph need a response, yuh a di same bredda whey say poor people pickney must pay club fi join dem academy.

If the above isnt proof you are an idiot,aloof,out of touch with the cultural economic reality of Jamaica, I dont know what is.

RUN WHEY CLAFFY,LEAVE DI DEBATE ALONE ! IT BIGGA DAN YUH !

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                            I cant

This proposal will do nothing to develop football in Jamaica. Unless and until we have a concentration of the best players with the best coaches working together

Really the push back is the Big schools have that concentration of best players and coaches, did you read what he said about compensation for players transfered i.e di buying phenom as wi call it.

there is virtually zero chance that we will produce the teams we are capable of. Unless I missed it, there was nothing that factored in the professional clubs which is where the emphasis for development should be...not in the schools.

Again if the clubs were good at development why would the concentration of best players be in the school boy system ? Also do we have professional clubs in Jamaica,last time I checked they were debating about a franchise system for clubs since WC 98

The best players should go to school, then go train with professionals, and cheer on their friends who are not good enough to play for a club team but love the sport and want to pay recreationally.

.....LOL,does the last paragraph need a response, yuh a di same bredda whey say poor people pickney must pay club fi join dem academy.

If the above isnt proof you are an idiot,aloof,out of touch with the cultural economic reality of Jamaica, I dont know what is.

RUN WHEY CLAFFY,LEAVE DI DEBATE ALONE ! IT BIGGA DAN YUH !
                            Chump X -

1. where did I say "poor people pickney must pay club fi join dem academy" - as usual, you can't find fawt but a spread FAKE NEWS. When I said above "pay recreationally" my phone autocorrect put "play" and made it "pay". It goes without saying that to me high school football is "recreational" football.

2. Show me ONE EXAMPLE in the world where high school football has been the model to develop professional level players - Again, you are going to fawt something out your behind and try to present it as "definitive" with no empirical data.

3. Jamaica has a higher GDP than most African countries producing top footballers. Show me ONE that uses the model that you propose. The "economic reality" argument is BOGUS.

4. Your argument that the clubs are not delivering is not in dispute. HOWEVER, it has to be the FOCUS. In other words, trying to make the high school system be the developmental pathway instead of fixing the REAL PROBLEM (JFF Patty Shop as you call it) will be another colossal waste of time.

And, as is per usual, I fully expect you will respond with either a) ZERO evidence, or b) tangential tripe. And I'm the eedyat? LOL!!!! Klown, go find ONE person who would ever take anything you take seriously and I will show you a nex' eedyat.
                            Last edited by Paul Marin; January 4, 2018, 04:54 PM.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

1. You said it years ago in great detail and supported it by saying,thats what they do in the states

2.Who said anything ,including the authors that I have quoted/posted on about "develop professional level players" in school boy football.

3.Our GDP and cultural-historic,economic reality in youth athleticism,make it an ideal enviroment to develop youth footballers who can transition to a professional enviroment e.g like we do with our T&F athletes

4.You admit that the clubs are not delivering without looking at the factors why,and then suggest a fix ? The admission also implies that the school boy system has been the developmental pathway, if the clubs as you say arent delivering ! That colossal waste you speak of, took us to WC in 98 and a GC final ! If clubs dont have the support economically to support youth development and culturally we are raised on school boy football which is financied by corporate Jamaica,could that be a reason why clubs fail,realistically are we going to go against a 100 plus year culture to support youth development in clubs ? This is not to say that clubs developing youth should not be supported but we have to deal with the reality,unless yuh a gi dem di money.Why cant they both co exist together ?

Now you might find my response to be zero or tripe,but it really begs the question are you an idiot

Comment

Working...
                              X