VAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAR

I remember when I say VAR on football will still create problems. Let me say I am a supporter of the goal line technology but VAR is not making football less complicated. I spoke about this before it was introduced but despite my years in technology, I was seen as old fashion and fighting modern technology. The FA need to go back to school and work this thing out.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

A di English a fock up di ting. First of all the lazy azz refs need to go the monitor and verify that they're being told. Look at the norwich goal that was ruled out ?

VAR works, it is the flipping idiots that are trying to rewrite the laws of the game.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

One of the main problem with VAR is the interpretation by the officials and also replay speed and the amount of times it is replayed to help make up the mind of the individuals. Also Offisdes sometimes are very close and you have to wonder.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Can anyone explain the wolves VAR Robbery?

Comment

Every one has a legitimate beef with VAR... even LFC!
          If they had said he was onside I wouldn't have a problem, but the thing is they have yet to work out what is the definition of offside; when is the ball considered played - when the foot first touches the ball? or when it leaves the foot?(yes we're talking fractions of a second- but it has to be decided) and the next thing IMO, it should be ANY part of the body ahead of the defender, forget armpit bla bla bla!

The tech can and will work once they iron out these issues. Goal line tech. works for example and no reason why offside tech can't work just as well.
          Peter R

Comment

BTW, Merry belated Christmas and best wishes for the holiday season!
            Peter R

Comment

the reason why goal line tech work is because it has no human interpretation. It is either it is over or not. Offside will be a problem as there is is no consistency to it. Some say the feet , some say shoulder, also how far back should the ref look back for foul or off side when a goal is scored? Why is VAR called for for some fouls and not others? It is a mess. So far it has made the game worst.

Comment

same to you in the new year love and health and hopefully some wealth.

Comment

I agree. Those are the things they need to establish! In cricket they have it figured out. Football should take a page from their book. Once they establish what the criteria are it should then become a no-brainer!

There are enough pundits calling for standardisation... let's hope they sort it out sooner rather than later.
                  Peter R

Comment

well i saw a sheffield united player kick the ball onto his own hand in the penalty area & VAR wasn't even consulted...how you explain that?

Comment

I honestly don’t believe the technology is the problem. The problem has more to do with folks who are stuck in their ways and failing to use the technology properly. The pundits for example, keep making an issue of offside calls base on how much an individual is off. Trying to make an argument that the attacker should get the benefit of the doubt if it’s “millimeters”. Offside is offside whether it be by a hair’s margin or a yard. These commentators and pundits just muddying the waters with the constant whining and crying about VAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        well i saw a sheffield united player kick the ball onto his own hand in the penalty area & VAR wasn't even consulted...how you explain that?
                        I agree with you on that. The ref should have reviewed that incident.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
                          I honestly don’t believe the technology is the problem. The problem has more to do with folks who are stuck in their ways and failing to use the technology properly. The pundits for example, keep making an issue of offside calls base on how much an individual is off. Trying to make an argument that the attacker should get the benefit of the doubt if it’s “millimeters”. Offside is offside whether it be by a hair’s margin or a yard. These commentators and pundits just muddying the waters with the constant whining and crying about VAR.
                          Get rid of the offside rule. Souness said the rule should change .. any part of the body is onside, then the player is onside. I could accept that.

Comment

The reason why Assasin referred goalline technology is it is a definite science, and it removes the errors humans are prone to.It is the other end of the spectrum from what you are encouraging,, human's judgement figuring more.
                            VAR will remove the controversy surrounding it by rem9ving human imput, at least there will be consistency and not having mirror occurrences being interpreted differently in separate games.

What I saw today was a goal disallowed because of a part of the body(the hand) that is disallowed to play the ball, where is the advantage?
                            Having said that, if the hand is what makes the two opposing players leveled then a striker could possibly be far enough of a defender gifting him an unfair advantage.

Comment

Working...
                            X