My fellow Manuligans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fellow Manuligans

Soon after the interim manager was appointed, I started to hear that Fellaini would be outright sold or be used in a swap deal,and now BBC is entertaining gossip alleging he will be leaving.
    As far as I am concerned, it would be a costly oversight by OGS.
    Case in point, in our most recent game(the real test I am told), when the opposing forwards were pressing high for the ball, DeGea opted to make loooong kick outs, most of them gifting the opponent the ball,had Fellaini been on the field, those kick outs would have been productive.
    Besides, I am pretty sure the defender that Pool stole from Southampton is perturbed more about defending an aerial ball in the box against Fellain than doing so agains any of the other players we have.
    He is not particularly skillful with the ball at his feet,and so he keeps the ball moving(quickly making the pass with an impressive pass rate)
    We have to be thorough, and as such should be mindful there are many ways to win a game, and in some cases,the way will be dictated according to the opponent.
    What sayeth though?
    Last edited by Rockman; January 16, 2019, 09:09 PM.

Without Fellani and Bailly Manu is doomed against PSG. Eleven shots on goal with the expectation of Ney scoring none? Madness! Expect Ney to put away at least two of those chances that were given to spurs. The ball will be given to Ney for those chances.

Comment

In the pool game the Manu's D held. What happened is the that Manu attack was almost non existent (I see Ole has adjusted that). If you notice in the game Klopp kept it at a certain pace to play Lukaku out of the game. He's not fit and over weight. I got his weight in real time whilst watching the game, I then said give me Fellani and pogba's weight they were coming in 180 odd respectively. wont even say kakus weight.

I was also given the stats on shots pool took 36 whilst manu took 6 (scored one). Some one hailed my house prediction as I said he shoots more will win. Three of the goals came from deflections (you should see the shock on Alisson's face when the ball flew out of his hands.

Hopefully there will be no rain hence no deflections Manu can ill afford to sit and soak up pressure from Neymar and Co. they must hit back hard and fast on the counter.

Comment

We have some tweeting to do before our encounter with PSG, the idea is to average out better than them.
        Sanchez will be back by then, and if Fellaini is around, our bench will formidable.
        Expect to see a regular starting line-up from hence forth ,also the subs will be routine.
        Bailly, for me, has to start.

Comment

I think Pogba will be quite comfortable playing against PSG, if there is ever a stage for him to shine it will be there.
          OGS referred to our EPl games as opportunities to get it right for the PSG game,it is a game in which all their players are being studied.

Comment

For me Ole will be judged on the first game only (with PSG that is) after that it's down to analysts and tapes. I agree with you on Sanchez. For me Sanchez should start (in order to demoralize PSG); he's experienced enough to give a good first half. If Fellaini around? Who will they bring in time to fit in Manu's system? Pogba cannot contain PSG defensively, Pogba will not act as a buffer for the back four. Pogba claims he wants to attack, if he thinks that little display against spur is high level and can keep Neymar and friends at bay he has a surprise coming to him.

Comment

For your sake I truly hope so. Need Fellani behind him and in front of the back four to lessen shots on Manu's goal. See my response to you on Pgba above.

Comment

Maybe you misunderstood me, my mentioning Pogba has nothing to do with defending but everything to do with energizing our offense,Martial needs him in order to put in a performance comparable to Mbappe's.
                I think I understand OGS, he will(though I rather not)field a regular starting 11 to see how they fare, and then bring on Fellaini at some point.
                Just have a feeling the plan will be to contain PSG for the greater portion of the game, and then try to deliver a knockout punch.

Comment

He does not want Pogba to be tied down with defensive duties, those duties will be given to Herrera, with Matic combining with Young in order to subdue Neymar.
                  We will take our chances with Cavarni being,for the most part,free to roam.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                    Soon after the interim manager was appointed, I started to hear that Fellaini would be outright sold or be used in a swap deal,and now BBC is entertaining gossip alleging he will be leaving.
                    As far as I am concerned, it would be a costly oversight by OGS.
                    Case in point, in our most recent game(the real test I am told), when the opposing forwards were pressing high for the ball, DeGea opted to make loooong kick outs, most of them gifting the opponent the ball,had Fellaini been on the field, those kick outs would have been productive.
                    Besides, I am pretty sure the defender that Pool stole from Southampton is perturbed more about defending an aerial ball in the box against Fellain than doing so agains any of the other players we have.
                    He is not particularly skillful with the ball at his feet,and so he keeps the ball moving(quickly making the pass with an impressive pass rate)
                    We have to be thorough, and as such should be mindful there are many ways to win a game, and in some cases,the way will be dictated according to the opponent.
                    What sayeth though?
                    OGS has a different approach from Jose. Where Jose saw the Belgian as a crucial piece .... OGS sees no need for him. The team is playing different and how often would he be needed to dump the ball in the box? If we can get a better DM .... then no prob.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The defence held? Is that why they were using DeGea as target practice?
                      Last edited by Bricktop; January 17, 2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Three goals eena dem 'kin and their 'D held'? Is wha u a sumoke?
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                          Without Fellani and Bailly Manu is doomed against PSG. Eleven shots on goal with the expectation of Ney scoring none? Madness! Expect Ney to put away at least two of those chances that were given to spurs. The ball will be given to Ney for those chances.
                          Neymar aka Rolling Calf? Please just kick him and him start rolling.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

And of course 'better' is the operative word

Comment

Had Spurs scored, we would have reverted to our first half tactics.
                              What we need to do is press high for the ball so as to deprive Neymar from veing serviced.
                              We usually allow every opponent to advance the ball up to the halfway line, that will prove suicidal against PSG.
                              If Lindelof can continue his recent form of not being an eye sore, a partnership with Bailly should be adequate..

Comment

Working...
                              X