Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Tourism (Jangle take a look)

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/b...-india-ja-ties
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Boss yuh first me

“He points to Jamaica’s geographic location close to North America and its hospitable year-round weather as providing competitive advantages for the development of high-quality healthcare and recuperating facilities at a lower cost for Americans citizens and health insurance providers than now obtains in the US. In this way, he foresees Jamaica becoming a health tourism hub for the Caribbean with investment and technical collaboration from Indian business persons and institutions.“
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

a friend of mine needed both hips replaced...would have cost him $80k in the USA...he went to india & got it done for $10k inclusive of all follow up medication...we need to get our heads out of the sand & take advantage of these opportunities

Comment

It cost a fraction in most Asian countries, even with similar technologies.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

....and what?. We so furking dumb in Jamaica that we can't perform simple hip replacement, he had to go India?
          If UWI is as good as they say they are, then why cant we do it in Jamaica for $7000.00 rather than going to India and wasting that extra $3000.00?.

Comment

of course we can do it in jamaica...not for 10k though...first of all we have to import the implants & equipment (import duty)...second labour costs in india are a fraction of ours & third their electricity cost is 4 times lower than ours
            Last edited by Bricktop; February 15, 2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              of course we can do it in jamaica...not for 10k though...first of all we have to import the implants & equipment (import duty)...second labour costs in india are a fraction of ours & third their electricity cost is 4 times lower than ours
              So if the patient develops osteitis or the joint graft becomes disarticulated him jump pan a plane and fly to India?.
              How much electricity it takes to implant a joint bredren?. It sounds like asking some second rate Indians to lead us into Medical Tourism is an admission of our own mediocrity and failure. Not impressed. Better off asking the Chiny man. They build better infrastrusture and less thief than the Indians although both are usually thieves when it comes to dealing with Third World countries, especially those that have the level of corruption as Jamaica

Comment

this is the guy who did my friend's surgery...you can call him second rate if you want

http://www.tophipsurgeons.com/vijay-c-bose.html

Comment

this is the guy who did my friend's surgery...you can call him second rate if you want

http://www.tophipsurgeons.com/vijay-c-bose.html
                  He is not American trained so by definition he is second rate. Yes. I did say that.

Comment

I probably should have said third rate as there is no close second to American Surgical training. Period. Say whatever you want. I have trained hundreds of surgical residents who were graduated from almost every country of the world over the last 3 decades and am still doing and none can match American medical education and training. Yes, I did say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                      He is not American trained so by definition he is second rate. Yes. I did say that.
                      Btw if he happwns to come to the USA and is desirous of practicing here he has to start his training from scratch meaning from internship. Many would love to even professors but cant pass the first examination that would allow them to even enter internship. Dont believe the Indian hype my friend. Its an ad in a TopDoc magazine. Doesnt count.

Comment

he studied in england under two of the UK's best...he is an FRCS...it's not an ad...he's on a list with doctors from around the world..including your beloved USA: http://www.tophipsurgeons.com/surgeons-profiles.html

Comment

he studied in england under two of the UK's best...he is an FRCS...it's not an ad...he's on a list with doctors from around the world..including your beloved USA: http://www.tophipsurgeons.com/surgeons-profiles.html
                          FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Eding), FRCS(Ire) are all junk papers. Period. The only FRCS recognized in the USA is FRCS(Canada).

Comment

this has nothing to do with what is & isn't accepted in America...you're running out of red herrings...all of a sudden the list isn't an advert anymore

Comment

this has nothing to do with what is & isn't accepted in America...you're running out of red herrings...all of a sudden the list isn't an advert anymore
                              Its an ad chief. You can buy a spot in Topdocs in any city in the world. Please stay in your LANE.

Comment

Working...
                              X