No announcement yet.

Jamaica will advance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not directly but I that I was told and it has been proven to be true. Go back and revisit the selection and you will see.

Yes it is normally the goal keeper coach who make the decision. The head coach can over rule but very rarely does. Not sure for all the admin but that is the current case.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, I think Blake is undercooked. I would have felt better with either Karr or Miller in goal (not Thompson).

If I had to list the goalkeepers in order of rank, I would do it like this:
      (1) Kerr
      (2) Miller
      (3) Blake
      (4) Thompson
      (5) Ricketts (if he is still interested in the national team)

But, I am not the one picking the side, so...
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Blake is The franchise player for both Reggaeboyz and the Union,and Ricketts is his predecessor.
        All the other keepers named have surpassed everyone's expectations,but none are as tecnically inclined as Ricketts(albeit he has a tendency to be a shadow of himself in our games) and Blake.
        Philly "invested" in Blake solely to nyam a food later..
        Last edited by Rockman; September 5, 2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          It is easier to blame Hector. I just got a call from a friend of mine blaming Hector for the second and third goals.I encouraged him to watch again and come back and let me know if he still blames Hector. He said he would review and get back to me.

It seems as if Jamaican people see what they want to see. How is God'sgood name no one want to even think Powell contributed to the defensive malfunction, but they quickly want to blame Hector?
          Pan pint, boss!
          ...however, I will point out that Hector had 2 earlier options at passing. A delayed pass can, and often does put the intended recipient in danger of losing the ball. ...the earlier passing options would have allowed the recipient more time to 'execute'.

Just saying!
          ...having said all that the greater errors were made by Mariappa & 'keeper and friend Alvas Powell!!!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

As I said, Blake is undercooked. As to Ricketts, my position on him is well known.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
              It is easier to blame Hector. I just got a call from a friend of mine blaming Hector for the second and third goals.I encouraged him to watch again and come back and let me know if he still blames Hector. He said he would review and get back to me.

It seems as if Jamaican people see what they want to see. How is God'sgood name no one want to even think Powell contributed to the defensive malfunction, but they quickly want to blame Hector?
              Jamaicans prefer cricket over football
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Miller better than Kerr to me. I've been looking for Miller in the GC final no miller now this? Rboyz has crisis on their hands. Blake to me look like ah likkle high school player in the goal. Miller has an imposing presence and has good reflexes. If blake did play in the Arg. game Ja would get bout four nah try fi dis but ah so it set.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Yes, I said it.

Simple adjustments needed.
                  Well...I hope The TEAM brings it's defensive A GAME!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

My issue with Hector is not even the goals that scored but him trying to beat opposing players when he is playing CB. He almost cost us additional. He did the same **** at the GC. He doesn't inspire any confidence at the back. As for Powell, i won't even go there because there is no way he should have started. This one really got away from the Coach.
                    Last edited by Plush; September 8, 2015, 01:05 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Tilla said we all saw wrong, that it was Austin and not the new Chelsea signee that frigged around back there.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hector brought unnecessary pressure on the defence with his performance, no doubt about that. but he was not the worst offender or defender for that matter!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Who is we ?.....I am with Tilla !
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                          X