RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Schoolboy Football side I've ever seen..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Schoolboy Football side I've ever seen..

...1977 STETHS side wid Lenny Hyde, Sweetie Smith et al...mek Calabar look like dem juss ah learn di game.

Master Class was in session inna di Olivier Shield final ah Stadium
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Best Schoolboy Football Side

You named the wrong school. That school is Clarendon College. Hyde played for Clarendon and Sweetie for STETHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayos View Post
      You named the wrong school. That school is Clarendon College. Hyde played for Clarendon and Sweetie for STETHS.
      yuh rite.... Clarendon College...my bad..memory...

mek mi puddung di big head..

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        ...1977 STETHS side wid Lenny Hyde, Sweetie Smith et al...mek Calabar look like dem juss ah learn di game.

Master Class was in session inna di Olivier Shield final ah Stadium
        ...other good ones - StGC 1958 & Cornwall College of same year (Shared Oliver Shield) - Years of STGC "Dynamite" Lyn...etc. and CC with the late "Billy" Griffith and "G" Davison; Vere 1965 (I think) "Skill" Cole, etc...KC 1964 & 1965 with Neville "Sam" Oxford and others.

The Clarendon College 1977 team with "Den-Den" Hutchinson and Lenny "Teacher" Hyde...I think, was a step below those others.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Is this the winger - right and left inter-changing during games...who was a member of that team?

I can member a match vs Knox at Knox - 4-0 to Steths, I think it was! The football was so sweet that even as I...I enjoy the movement, technical skill and intelligence displayed by Steths!

I think one of the Jones boys was on the Knox team...not too sure. Knox tried hard and put up a stellar fight...but Steths were fiyahin!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I've heard talk of those teams by others ...shrouded in the mists of time...and usually amped up by their emotional connections with the relevant schools

I can say if they were better than that display I saw by CC 1977... I would be very surprised

Incidentally Champs 1977 was extraordinary as well... one of the best...headlined by Sammy

1977 was just off the charts sporting wise...
            Last edited by Don1; November 15, 2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

The other star on that Clarendon team was "Den Den" Hutchinson.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                The other star on that Clarendon team was "Den Den" Hutchinson.
                Memba now...im did transfer from TG..right? I sem to recall an absolute rocket of his from just over half-line...but that could have been another game

Comment

KC 64 65 must have been very special Don1. The evidence is very strong.

10 of 11 starters on All Manning ?(or was it All Schools?) That must be the first and last time that has happened. And I remember hearing that All Schools team played a Brazil U-21 side to a draw or something like that. Karl would probably know the details.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Something like that.

Comment

Karl did ref it?

Comment

I've heard talk of those teams by others ...shrouded in the mists of time...and usually amped up by their emotional connections with the relevant schools

I can say if they were better than that display I saw by CC 1977... I would be very surprised

Incidentally Champs 1977 was extraordinary as well... one of the best...headlined by Sammy
                        1977 was just off the charts sporting wise...
                        suh yuh a lick hafftah mi? "...bout
                        shrouded in the mists of time
                        They were better!
                        I am a fanatic...and watched each of those past teams a few times each season.

The thing I cannot remember was who coached some of those teams - Mackenzie coached the StGC team...Deryck Tomlinson coached the Vere team...George T coached the KC team and Chung-Fah coached the Clarendon team..

Who coached the Cornwall College team? Who coached the Steths team?
                        ...could it be Gabbie Bucknor of Cornwall fame who coached Steths?

The Clarendon and Steths team I was so close watching I was sometimes on the field.

Comment

forgive Don 1, is Hope road him use to guh to school. Suh him ave an excuse to be knofused
                          Last edited by Twan; November 15, 2010, 08:00 PM.
                          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Karl did ref it?
                            Mine yuh mek mi cuss badwud!
                            ...mi did still a school dem!

Comment

which school MICO?
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X