Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Post Match Press Conference

The Americans were p is sed!

Their press officer came in very late, fuming that members of the press were already having drinks and finger food. He quietly screamed, "The bar should have been closed off until the US delegation got there!"

Well, they were taking too damn long and we were hungry, dammit! Usually, within minutes of the final whistle, coach and player make themselves available at the press conference. What was the hold up now?! Wi nuh pay him bad mind afta dat!

Eventually, Jurgen Klinsmann (JK) and Sunil Gulati showed up. Several questions were posed by the American journalists, mainly having to do with player personnel. They asked why this or the other player was not included in the squad, suggesting that player selection was at fault. They also suggested that certain players may not have pulled their weight in the match.

JK was not having it. He said he was not getting into the performance of individual players and player selection. He played down the absence of Landon Donovan and Michael Bradley. He said he will take the luxury of examining the game from a distance and will see what needs to be fixed for the return match, but there were not going to be any changes for the upcoming match.

JK kept saying Jamaica was hungrier and more physical and deserved to win. He condescendingly suggested that we brought nothing to worry them otherwise - we scored two goals from freekicks and were more physical and hungrier. Any formation he could have employed would have been victims to that - the freekicks and the hunger.

Then it was Wayne Wonder of CVM's turn at the mike. "Coach, I have a two part question for you - are you scarred mentally? ()And you keep saying Jamaica was hungrier, but the truth is we bashed you in every department on the field!"

When the snickers and outright laughter had died down, JK responded, "Well that is your opinion. We still have a return match in Columbus on Tuesday and it would be interesting to hear your comments after that."

Then it was Tappa's turn. He was joined at the table by Luton Shelton. Tappa said it was a great feeling achieving something he was not able to do as a player. He said he did not panic when they went down to an early goal and he did not change anything because of that. Luton said he asked Rudolph Austin for that freekick as he "felt it". Austin gave him the kick and the rest is really history! Luton said it was the first time he was taking a freekick for the Boyz! Not bad for conversion rate!

Tappa came up to me afterwards in the mixed zone. I stuttered my congratulations, a bit overcome by the gesture, as he said, "Yuh good man?"

"If mi good?!?!" was all I could come with, laughing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Tappa came up to me afterwards in the mixed zone. I stuttered my congratulations, a bit overcome by the gesture, as he said, "Yuh good man?"

"If mi good?!?!" was all I could come with, laughing.
    Big man tun groupie to rhattid

Comment

Not right for you to call Tappa a groupie.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

JK have a headache and Jamaica is giving him it, oh Jah I love this.

Comment

Wanted to add my 2 cents to tappa but for SOME REASON mi Neva get mi credentials

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sheez! Why so bidder! (bitter)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I'm still waiting on a certain agent to come scout me...all he has to do is turn up to a Kingston Commissioners Master's League game at Santos field on any Sunday...and Vietnam here I come...stifle him a try stifle the last couple years a mi career

Comment

I don't wrong the US journalist for giving it to Klinsmann. We played a year ago and Sacha Klejstein gave us worries and Alejandro Bedoya gave us worries and what does he do start three defensive midfielders and expect combination play on the stadium pitch. LOL

He didnt give his team the best chance to win. With that said, we would have won regardless because our midfield was just physically dominant.

Jermaine Taylor, Morrison and Marriappa are going to have to tidy up the possession in Columbus. They are going to press Taylor after seeing the tape and attack his side. Hopefully the bigger field helps him on the distribution side of things with him having more time and being able to lift up his head.

Was an excellent performance by coach Whitmore. As I told somebody on the forum already. Tappa has a good record against the CONCACAF top teams.

Comment

I have been there on a couple occasions. But its difficult to see what you can do when you polish the bench so damn well!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hope we can put the Marlon King issue to rest now. We don't distractions at this time. And furthermore, why do we always believe that if you were good 4 years ago during qualifiers you will be today?!?!

I don't know if Marlon King is our best forward.

Just saying, Me. Not necessarily a response to your post.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Watching Marlon since our last qualifiers - he appears to have slowed down. Purely from a football (TEAM) standpoint, if these our other forwards remain healthy, we do not need him.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Me have zero problems with Tappa excluding him. I think the way Tappa structures his team, he is not a very good fit.

Comment

Bwoy we can't escape the almshouse inna Jamaica eeh. This friend and company business. How a short man like you get fe reach inna media room? Yuh a journalist?
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

When yuh short dem not even see when yuh come een! While security checking regular people credentials, yuh just jimscreech unda dem armpit, green or not.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Next time try get an interview with Captain Burrell.
                              President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Working...
                              X