Damn .... just hearing a J'can in Bahamas talking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn .... just hearing a J'can in Bahamas talking

about the hatred some of the native Bahamians have towards the Haitians that live there. One official was recorded saying the Haitians need to be starved in order to get them to leave. What? Why must we act like this towards each other?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie
    about the hatred some of the native Bahamians have towards the Haitians that live there. One official was recorded saying the Haitians need to be starved in order to get them to leave. What? Why must we act like this towards each other?
    Totally disgraceful. If Haitians were white they wouldnt be saying that.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, didn't Jamaicans act the same way towards Haitians arriving by boats a few years ago?
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Most Caribbean people have a stigma against each other. I have a lot of Haitian friends and a lot of parents tell their kids not to marry Jamaicans. We know the other stigma about other Caribbean countries. It is not until many of us meet in Brooklyn, Miami or some US town center we learn to deal with each other on a day to day basis.

We need to have more genuine island to island travel within our region and not the false promise by the leaders.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Cut the B.S,these morons take it to Trump levels,Haitians settle into Kamaica nicely to the point where it's not the people they run away from but the economy.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Haitian settle in Jamaica? That maybe true but how many was turned away and you never see a good amount of Jamaicans saying "we don't want them here"?

There is a lot of hate in the Caribbean community. Same way a lot of these countries treat Jamaicans too.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You making a statement like that demands you provide proof and not run with hearsay, you have google at your tips.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

you can research Konbit Neg Lakay Inc from Rockland County while you are at it.

A group headed by a former friend of mine who I assisted when he started it and work with him as a volunteer for about 3 years.

Comment

I must research your spurious statement about how Jamaicans treat Haitinas in Jamaica ,in Rockland county.

...LOL......yuh nuh narmal at all.

Comment

My personal experience at Ardenne when it was quipped he had Haitian ancestry by a classmate, no one cared.

Yes that's in Jamaica,in NY I cant find one yard man who would turn down Haitian pum pum,and the Haitian men feel the same about our women.
                    Last edited by Sir X; September 20, 2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Yes they are one of the biggest non profit that donate back to Haiti from NY. They also ran computer classes, English classes and a soccer program for new residence at the time.

Comment

Yuh ead good,how dem aguh verify the Haitian experience in Jamaica or Jamaican haitian relations,I know many nonprofits in NY who do same for Jamaicans and dont have a clue about the Haitian experience in Jamaica.

Explain the link.

Comment

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/loc...an/2298133001/

The difference is they have office in Haiti. They build a school and have volunteer healthcare workers travel on mission. Maybe you want to join one a di trip them.

Comment

Boss yuh fly off on a tagent,good for them,in fact I applaud them.

Comment

no the fact is most caribbean people don't unite and in a lot of cases wish others keep out of their country. From my first visit abroad to Cayman I saw this so it is not alarming to me quarter century later.

Comment

Working...
                              X