Cruise ship cocaine bust in Montego Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise ship cocaine bust in Montego Bay

MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica (CMC) — Officials of the Customs Department said police seized a large quantity of cocaine from a cruise ship from Colombia, docked at the Freeport Cruise Shipping Pier in this tourist resort town.

The department said 50 pounds of cocaine valued at $100 million (US$ 1.1 million) was seized during a five-hour operation yesterday. A quantity of the cocaine (22 pounds) was found strapped to a man who has been identified as Ricardo Chin, a passenger on the cruise ship, while another 28 pounds was found in a suitcase in a cabin occupied by another passenger.

Chin has been taken into custody and will answer to charges of breaching the Dangerous Drugs Act, the Proceeds of Crime Act as well as the Customs Act.

Following the drug find, scores of passengers who had just returned from excursions were forced to wait in long lines and were searched prior to re-boarding while local shipping agents, who had transactions on the ship, were not allowed access.

Only last week a cruise passenger was held at a newly opened port in Falmouth in the northern parish of Trelawny after attempting to board a vessel with cocaine.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...#ixzz1EwST576Y

So that's the deal with the cruise ships....ok then. Hmm...Air Ja. under different mgt. now so let us find another mule....

Comment

You think KD dem free up the visa restriction fi no reason.

LOL

Comment

you think a now? How some man work pon boat fi 2 or 3 years and have so much big house pon hill.

I had two brethren who worked on one. They told me the Fed stop it out of see and the workers had to be searched and this was more than 10 years ago.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I worked on a cruise ship for 4 years...nuff cocaine was being smuggled...yard man would fly down to Roatan, Honduras and proposition us crew members to take stuff in to Miami for them...this was in 2000/2001

Comment

how much money yuh did mek offa it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't recall

Comment

LOL!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

meaning you cant count that high...LOL!
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Yuh can't recall or yuh can't memembah ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                      meaning you cant count that high...LOL!
                      Bricky did not fall for the BAIT, hence he's still in the labor force, slaving away
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Two Jakans were recently sentenced in Bermuda. But them was too bright, openly soliciting passengers on the ship to sell the coke to.
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Please take the Fifth, not Rum now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                            I worked on a cruise ship for 4 years...nuff cocaine was being smuggled...yard man would fly down to Roatan, Honduras and proposition us crew members to take stuff in to Miami for them...this was in 2000/2001
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Confessions of Murderer Companion.. Burrito Bwoy...AKA...

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                              I don't recall
                              ..The Big Dipper.

Now converted into a a "corruption fighter"
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X