RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X mi write this for my East Portland friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make him stay deh. If you have strong party affiliated group, the party head have to give them their candidate but normally if the party structure is weak then they can appoint their reps. It all comes down to organization and participation in the process.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Idiot, its akin to Bernie sanders and the super delegates.As I said the democratic party has rectified it.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin
        As promised I said I would address the subject of Portland after the election. As a youth going to Titchfield in my first year I saw every ship passing my classroom going through the channel. I remember many JUTA owners lining up for tourist. Most had a comfortable living working two or 3 days a week and then doing other part time jobs or businesses. I remember the banana truck loading up in Boundbrook and so many of us getting a ride back home. I remember the talent and level of education. East Portland boasting top talent in many fields and providing job for people from St. Thomas to South East St. Mary.
        I remember Portlanders thinking they were the best in tourism boasting more attraction at the time than St. Ann and been friendly.

AT the same time I remember how the coconut industry died, I remember the banana industry getting a lot of hits I remember How Blue Mountain Coffee getting a big hit. I remember the ship all stop coming. Economic activity in terms of tourism, and farming falling more than 50 percent. I can remember as a youth hearing ships going to Ochi and how Leo Windman (a name I will never forget) and his Ochi crew shipping association having meeting with crew ship. I wondered at the time if we had no shipping association in Port, never heard of one and was told the ships were now too big come to Port Antonio.
        Now in opinion East Portland may have had very good people representing it, but not aggressive enough to pressure the government of the day and come up with independent ideas. They fell in line with the massive saying our glory day will return and a few promises from Kingston and a few investors walking around was enough for us to think things will happen soon.
        What about Portlanders? They are very independent, most will build house, and most will do anything to make sure their kids are educated and will work for their family but where we are lacking is at the community level. Where is the Portland Chamber of Commerce? Where is Community Development Associations, Where are they youth clubs (not sports club)? Where is our shipping association? Now that we know ships are not too large. I also take note of the floating Pier for Port Royal?
        In closing I will say Congrats to Ann Marie Vaz and wish her well. She seems like a hard worker but until we give some of that education, wealth, and what my grandmother call “studyration” to think of our post vital need, think of how we can contribute and then make sure it is addressed by our MP in a timely manner, we will remain at this junction and MP will serve a few with scarce benefit. In Jamaica today there are a lot of foundations and quasi government organization giving assistance, do your homework with a plan, approach them, have your MP assist. Promote Portland, Think of the type of tourism we need and sell it and hopefully the next election both candidates will be saying “Portland we done well but we can do better, and that hope the people who don’t understand will realize although man people in Portland may have low income we are really not poor or less educated than any other parish in Jamaica, but we just need opportunities and to challenge our comfort level and provide more of an economic growth agenda and demand better political representation from our beloved representative and Kingston.
        Nice likkle composition.PnP whole dat portland seat for 30 years!.Huge win for Ms vaz and jlp.
        Congrats.Di dread did talk it.im seh ,him think twice
        About running in portland zone and A defeat will
        Set im back big time.fair election,democracy had
        Prevail.big up to all who voted and both candidates.
        Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
        United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
        happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
        Probably forthcoming...

Comment

And have of course the lady has those attributes Crawford was found to be lacking, yet it proved to be faaar more competitive than expected, all things equal, Crawford probably would have won.
          The real question is if Jamaica won?
          Portland is a mafia bastion, those shadowy figures, Bricktop
          Last edited by Rockman; April 8, 2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
            Maybe if his party was in power...but even then he didn't have anything to offer the people of east rural st andrew...he is a sham...masters in tourism yet his only foray into tourism, YARDTRIP, was a spectacular failure...he's a simpleton who talks a lot...95% of it rubbish...
            Yep. Sounds like the ultimate political scammer to me. Empty suit. Lots of talk. Nothing to show. But isn't that what the people of E. Portland, some of whom are the laziest and least innovative in Jamaica, have come to expect. I know the area and the mindset very well. My father worked with the United Fruit Company and later with the Banana Board and I will not apologize.

Comment

you guys are missing the main issue. I think there is a decline of my father's father voted for this P so I am this P. People are more pragmatic now, especially the younger ones. So its hard to go to East portie and tell them you going to make life better when you were in power for 30 years and did not. People see through that. Youth graduate from Thichfield and you given them she goat.. You dont think if they wanted goat the would have one? The candidate dont have university degreee.. do you know how many females dont and his more like her than they are like you.. Damion is an educated dunce.. chat one bag a foolishness.

Comment

He lost by 300 votes and 42 million spent,come better OJ

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

are you a parrot or something? did you not read what paul burke wrote in his expose? do you know how much money PNP spent on this by-election? you comrades are so licky licky that yuh tief the money from the donors meant to win you the by-election....you are a facebook jamaican...you don't have a clue what's happening down here

Comment

Hussssshhhhh,yuh corn get touch,have you read what Moyston said ? Wha yuh a say ,labarite dallas stonga dan comrade...lol, and yuh like di proce$$$$.
                    Last edited by Sir X; April 9, 2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

X lets use your logic and the logic when the comrade looses. They say its vote buying.. Ok lets use that premise didn't Mark Golding and Angella Burke won thier by elections? If it is what you are saying is true then people in Arnett gardens and Majesty Gardens dont like money. Why did they take labourite money and vote accordingly.. See it dont make sense.. Another story a bredin of mine in the last national spend a whole heap of PNP money 500 wrap up and the youth dem took the money and vote the other way and laugh after left him crying how them wicked. Last time I check you cant go into a poll booth and watch someone vote so if its money alone i can tell you anyting and eat your little 500.. Stop repeating foolishness..

Comment

every election a Jamaica is stolen as "them buy vote" but you can never find a man that say, My vote was bought. It was always "mi cousin or someone I know from down deh so".
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

exactly...you don't pay people to vote...you pay people NOT to vote...and seeing as PNP had a record turnout obviously that wasn't the case...what was the case is that deep pocketed donors flooded the PNP with money for this by-election and true to form the PNP caretaker for NE St Elizabeth pocketed a portion of the campaign funds & an activist tief the gas vouchers and is now under investigation by the JCF...dem all a tief from them own party to rhattid

Comment

OJ say fi use logic, well 1st unnu love the proce$$ ,who says the PNP didnt pay people (NOT) to vote also ?

Logic tells me as deep as the pockets the PNP have the labarite dem deeper by 300 votes or 42 mill.

Comment

so people were paid not to vote on both sides yet the result was a record turnout? go stand up in the dunce corner...

Comment

Dunce bat,yuh can read or yuh deaf,labarite dalla$$$$$$ STRANGA!

Comment

Working...
                                X