RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taxi drivers speak, government listening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is not in place for the owner to check the driver history currently?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOOOll. He would hire someone with 200 outstanding tickets????

A owner like you make government have fi make them kind a rule yah.

You would also hire a gunman who have 5 pending murder case too? Since he is not found guilty.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Self explanatory,it's the government job to implement laws to prosecute the man,until then I hire.

If they implemented what I suggested and he is found guilty of tickets from a past renter agreement.Thats between them,not me and if the law dictates that he cannot work because of it after an annual audit catches him,like I suggested.

It's up to me to terminate him or I will have to deal with the consequences.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

LOL!!! I don't know what more to say.

Comment

Kingston is Jamaica?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The liability!

Comment

a bet you they do now that it may hurt there pocket.

That is what they are fighting.

Comment

Of course that's what they are fighting, liability means money.😏

Comment

he has been prosecuted...the judge issued a warrant for his arrest...you hired somebody to drive for you who has a warrant out for his arrest...you have now assumed that liability...bout tickets pending before the court...lol..

Comment

Mek sense Brick,I said the individual has to provide a clean certificate of licensure.

A warrant for an arrest last time I checked isn't clean.Why would I hire to make him (( my)) liability?🙄

Comment

last time I check the license was the certificate to show that you are fit and proper to drive a car and if it shows you have outstanding tickets you shouldn't have a key to drive a passenger transport.

Comment

I understand what you are saying now ,after I hire with tickets pending,well that could also be the case if I check personally if he has a clean lic,all I would be able to know is if he has any guilty tickets because of confidentiality laws ,but that's where the annual audit comes into play to catch them.

Those things also happen in the 1st world ,drivers who operate under the radar,but that legal liability document would come in even more handy for an owner,in cases like accidents and yes present tickets.

It all falls on the driver's head.

Comment

If you go through a red light camera in Toronto or speed in a school zone and is captured by photo radar who gets the ticket.

Comment

Yuh all ova di place boss.

I have to side with the government, ‘sass and BT .... I wonder how many taxi operators actually have insurance and don’t just ‘buy a cover note’?

This is a step in the right direction to hold people accountable for their actions.... the drivers and the owners. The owners have a duty to hire drivers who are responsible with now outstanding warrants .... owners can then monitor how often a driver gets a ticket and decide from there and if an owner cannot get back his money from his own driver ....?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X