No announcement yet.

Road Traffic Act stalled again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It plummets for a reason,what reason does the article give ,is it because of the sunny weather 🙄

Man can Suh fool,you can't comprehend the article is that it 😏
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I see you fail to read the article so let me quote it.

The anguish and anger on display at City Hall offer an unsettling look at the cost of disrupting long-standing industries. Until recently, driving a cab in New York was a gateway to the middle class, especially if drivers could get their hands on a coveted medallion (essentially a permit to operate their own cabs, rather than leasing cars from others). With the number of medallions fixed, prices generally rose, peaking in 2014 at over $1 million—well outside the budget of many drivers, but good news for medallion owners who sometimes borrowed against them. Since then, though, prices have fallen sharply, as competition from ride-hailing services intensified. In January, seven medallions sold for under $200,000 each. Many drivers are deeply in debt—and a long way from the stable lifestyle they once expected.

Now answer the simplest of question that doesn't take any major reading or understanding. Who pay for a ticket when a taxi is caught by camera breaking the law?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It's telling you why the value of the medallion fell,do you understand that ,can you state it ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

something wrong with you. The drivers are killing themselves because they have lost value and can't make the money they use to make. That is what the article is about.

Why you assume they are killing themselves?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

DUH, why is it loosing value ,why cant they make money ,why would it lead to suicide !

The article told you , and 2nd how does that answer your question as per who pays a camera ticket.

You cant get past the why , can you ....lol, you are stuck at loosing money and value , buy why,why,why,why there is a reason why ,you ,I anyone looses money in this case medallion drivers.

Comment

the article is plain and simple. I have no idea what is so hard to comprehend.

competition from Uber, Lyft and the fact that there is more medallion as it is simply supply and demand why the lost value and people who thought the were rich or borrow money to pay for the medallion find themselves in a bind as their income and value has plumett.

Now answer the simply question that you are avoiding. who pay for camera ticket if your wife is driving your car? Who pay for a ticket on a cab if you have a hired driver? anyone will do. Until answer that, you a chat fart.

Comment

Plain and simple and tek yuh how long Fi answer

.....🙄 Clap yuhself after I pointed out to you X amount of times, that what you listed,loosing money and plummetting medallion value is a ((why ))question of an end result of negative market,you finally answered,man can Suh fool 😏

You finally interpreted the article ,now that you asked a question about tickets to link to the articles,tell me who pays it,I will help you.

Lyft and Uber hire owner/ drivers - Independent contractors,they are a what % liable for the vehicle ,including tickets?

Hint it starts with 1 and ends with 00 .These billion dollar companies are actually new age Taxi Stands that put all liability on the independent contractors,if a contractor subleases the vehicle and racks up tickets,Uber/ Lyft isn't liable.

Those who rent to drive from owners ((may)) not be because they operate in a system where the technology lags behind the law.The contract could be oral or in writing ,which means if they choose to challenge a ticket it must be done in court ,this equals time ,which is money lost.

That's the grouse with these owners,it is not a fair system and because it is being practiced in the 1st world does not make it right.

Jamaica does not have the capacity to go online and check licensure in a second ,Brick says tickets can be mailed in a month ,I doubt it in JA.Owners don't want that liability and I don't blame them,put it on rent for hire drivers,like Uber/ Lyft does by a requlatory law.

We can't use 1st world fat and fry the third world,it is a technology question more than anything and as you see not all in black and white,you have grey areas like Uber/ Lyft.
                Last edited by Sir X; November 25, 2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hint it starts with 1 and ends with 00 .These billion dollar companies are actually new age Taxi Stands that put all liability on the independent contractors,if a contractor subleases the vehicle and racks up tickets,Uber/ Lyft isn't liable.
                  You know why?? The vehicle is registered in the drivers name and not lift name so the owner is liable, No need to to try and explain.

Who pay for a ticket that is received by a driver for a New York CAB. Stop playing hop scotch. I know why you don't want to answer that.

Comment

Your comprehension skills is killing you.You are an idiot.

Comment

All you a talk you still can't answer me.
                      All mi want you answer is who get the ticket when a NY CAB get violate the rules and it is picked up by a camera?

Call me idiot all you want but you choose not to answer that question because you know a the owner get that ticket. The owner either pay it or ask his driver to pay it. There is no first world or 3rd world inna that.

Comment

Working...
                      X