Small-island nation planning to build iconic 80-storey build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small-island nation planning to build iconic 80-storey build

For years, The Cayman Islands had been under the control of Jamaica’s Westmoreland Parish Council, which had been managing the country for the British. But in 1959, that relationship came to an end, and that nation of small islands has never been the same.

“Cayman is doing very well. Our finance is doing well, and tourism is doing very well, too. It (tourism) will become a $1-billion industry for us this year, and we still have things that have not been touched,” Bush shared during a visit to The Gleaner’s North Street headquarters in downtown Kingston.

He said that his country was heading into another phase of advancement, which is to build higher high-rise buildings because like Jamaica, it is small and has space constraints.

“So I told them that I want to go up to 50 storeys and then I want to go to 80 storeys and they came after me. I said I wanted Cayman to look like Singapore and Dubai.”
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...onic-80-storey
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Working...
X