Nobody wins when the family feuds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody wins when the family feuds

I listened this week as the world’s greatest athlete, Usain Bolt, came to the defence of his esteemed coach, Glen Mills, head coach of the Racers Track Club, who recently came under fire from a few of his former *athletes, with one taking to social media to vent his frustrations over growing issues he had with the club.

There are three sides to every story, but depending on what lens you wear, your empathy may reside on one side versus the other. Often, all three sides are valid – just from different perspectives.

For the big man himself, he has created a rich legacy, and he wants to see the continuation of Jamaica’s dominance. He feels that the athletes are partly to blame for some of the issues that now exist, and he expresses being embarrassed. Truthfully, his life and trajectory, based on his superhuman talents, have placed him in a bubble, if you will, wrapped in his own successes and somewhat out of touch with the current day-to-day realities of some of his former colleagues.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...n-family-feuds
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Michael O'Hara in shock and disbelief at Bolt's video rant

Michael O'Hara has refuted claims that he has disrespected Racers Track Club Head Coach Glen Mills.

O'Hara was one of a number of athletes, including Yohan Blake, Warren Weir and Kemar Bailey-Cole who were named in Usain Bolt's tirade in defense of Mills.

“One of the reasons I choose Racers Track Club at the start of my professional career, like many other young athletes, was to be another Usain Bolt. At no point in time have I disrespected Usain, he is the standard. His advice is something I would readily welcome. He is the best the sport has ever seen.”

With regards to his future, O'Hara added: “At this critical stage in my career, I am just concerned about getting into shape and keeping motivated, having returned to my pet event. My concern is representing myself and Jamaica to the best of my ability and I am looking forward to that. I have a lot to prove in the sport.”

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...5?profile=1511
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Bolt has earned the right to go gully,granted we might not like it.That said in the context of uplifting our athletes, it is not a tar against his reputation.

Truth is it needed to be said.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

with all due respect...bolt set the example for the youngsters at racers...he would show up late to training & leave early...take off training & go to trinidad in the middle of the season...they were following his example

Comment

puss and dawg nuh ave di same luck.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
          X