Lack of squad depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of squad depth

was proven yesterday. My side needs at least quality signings this transfer window. Fatigue is setting in and the lack of a quality second team is showing. Pogba and Fernandes had a poor game and Harry McGuire's leadership in defense and captaincy need to be addressed.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Grealish on the way. Him woulda done that side in the second half. Show Manu need another playmaker.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Grealish on the way. Him woulda done that side in the second half. Show Manu need another playmaker.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        We need Sancho more .... Jangle, the team went defensive and just kept returning the ball to the opponents.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

While Sancho is a good attacker, what Manu needed yesterday was someone who could step in hold up the ball in midfield and slow the game down, take a few fouls and kill off the game. When Pogba and Bruno was no longer around it was open season on the midfield.

Sell Lingard and Mata and lego Grealish.

Comment

I hope we don't over spend on Grealish. He looked judt ok in the last game. I always liked those Wolves midfielders and of course I like Jiminez. Sancho is quality but if Dortmund tries to stick us up, we should go for Willian from Chel$ki for a free.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Earlier in the year I would say get them but now I wouldn't by Sancho for more than 70 and Grealish for more than 55. With Grealish you can sell Mata, Lingard and Gomes left so that should cover most of it as Manu will need midfield cover. I know they have Hanibal coming up but that will take time. The problem I am having with Sancho is, is he going to Stunt Greenwood development? Within the next 6 months Greenwood could be the man, and you see Martial already nuh want come off the field. I believe in a strong team but there has to be a thought out plan. You know Manu need a striker and have to sort out the top 3 centerbacks. Wolves midfield work as a team, while they are talented, they work more as a unit.

Comment

While I'm concern that Sancho coming to the club could stunt Greenwood's development, the flip side is that the competition could also accelerate it. When Pep went for Mahrez, I thought, is he crazy when he'd just bought Silva Jr. He had Sterling and Sane already who could play on both wings. This is the level we need to get to. In the past, Manchester United had 4 top class strikers competing for 2 starting spots. We definitely need another creative midfielder, another right-back (Dolot doesn't seem to be impressing the coach), a top class central defender, and a utility player. We have some good youths in our ranks, but until they start getting more playing time, we can't judge them.

Comment

I would get Sancho, my priority is getting a central defender, and a John O'Shea type of utility player who is capable of playing both wingback positions.
                  It is important that we do not loan out Bailly,and that we start fielding Mensah next season.

Comment

I thought Dalot would have improved in his defensive ability but Wan Bassika offense have improved a lot more than Dalot defense. There is a young right back in the academy who think he is going to prove himself, give him some cup games and we have Williams as backup for left and right. Agree with what you said and that is the hallmark of good manager putting in it together and keeping most happy. Ole might have send some of the boys out.,

Comment

Manu will have to let some central defenders go. They have Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Mensah, Alex T. Mcquire, Bailly and Linderoff all on their books. If you bringing another centerback it means you have sell about 3 of those backs. Sell 3 backs for about 45 grand and then you can buy a decent defender for about 60.

Comment

Working...
                      X