About yesterday in Philly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About yesterday in Philly.

I took the trip with a friend of my father.Nice lady ,loves her football.So we watched the game and she was more vocal than I because,I was in excruciating pain suffering in silence and fear from a distressing performance in the 1st half.

She was too but the difference was ,her expressions were more boisterious and barganing,why,how ,when and she turned to me for questions that I thought were honest answers.Its the right way to treat pain,acknowledge the cause and seek a solution.

1) Well why are we always in a defensive posture ? Tappa is a defensive coach

2) Why are they bypasing the midfield ? Tappa is a defensive coach

3) Why are we trying to set up passes from the defence to forwards ? Tappa is a defensive coach.

4) Why are we turning over balls in the midfielf ? We have defensive midfielders that dont have the tactical acumem to pass it forward,so we will have turn overs.

5) Why are the Forwards starved,it seems as if the wont pass to them? Tappa is a defensive coach

6) Why wont Mattocks Start ? Tappa is a defensive cocah

I could go on and on ,but it ran along those lines.Credit to Tappa he is an excellent defensive coach,we are in another semifinal.The GC looks wide open ,even with this defensive posture we can nick it.Am I pleased ,yes and no.If we do,I am glad for Ja,but I dont think that can take us to another world cup and 2nd given the attaking Talent of a Vassel and more so Mgee.It would be terrible to not harness that talent.

It makes no sense to speak on anything else because to me ,it can be summed up as Tappa is a defensive coach.

I wonder if he attained the A lic would anything change ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by Sir X
    I took the trip with a friend of my father.Nice lady ,loves her football.So we watched the game and she was more vocal than I because,I was in excruciating pain suffering in silence and fear from a distressing performance in the 1st half.

She was too but the difference was ,her expressions were more boisterious and barganing,why,how ,when and she turned to me for questions that I thought were honest answers.Its the right way to treat pain,acknowledge the cause and seek a solution.

1) Well why are we always in a defensive posture ? Tappa is a defensive coach

2) Why are they bypasing the midfield ? Tappa is a defensive coach

3) Why are we trying to set up passes from the defence to forwards ? Tappa is a defensive coach.

4) Why are we turning over balls in the midfielf ? We have defensive midfielders that dont have the tactical acumem to pass it forward,so we will have turn overs.

5) Why are the Forwards starved,it seems as if the wont pass to them? Tappa is a defensive coach

6) Why wont Mattocks Start ? Tappa is a defensive cocah

I could go on and on ,but it ran along those lines.Credit to Tappa he is an excellent defensive coach,we are in another semifinal.The GC looks wide open ,even with this defensive posture we can nick it.Am I pleased ,yes and no.If we do,I am glad for Ja,but I dont think that can take us to another world cup and 2nd given the attaking Talent of a Vassel and more so Mgee.It would be terrible to not harness that talent.

It makes no sense to speak on anything else because to me ,it can be summed up as Tappa is a defensive coach.

I wonder if he attained the A lic would anything change ?
    Yep. This is also frustrating and stifling Bailey.

Comment

Nicholson had his worst game,he fought and chased every ball,Flemmings,flemmings,flemmings...ahhhhh sah,what is his purpose.Well i got the line up i could live with.Bailey---Nicholson---Orgill,they scrapped for everyball. They have heart,in fact the team has heart no one can deny them that.Its just that Tappa set them up a certain way,that midfield cannot pass a balll forward to save them life.I dont blame them,they are all defensive mids.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Again ... how we blaming Tappa? A Tappa a tell the man dem fi tek an extra touch or dribble instead of passing the ball? There was a play where Bailey turned an opponent ... started driving forward ... play the ball to the player to his left ...now in space anticipating a return pass which would have him face to face with a central defender, the man with the ball decided to dribble ... and lost the ball.

The problem is not Tappa.

When mi see Nicholson want the ball fi tek the penalty I was screaming .... NOOOOOO!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Bailey wasnt the only one,as i said you have defensive midfielders trying to be attacking mids,who do you blame for picking the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            Bailey wasnt the only one,as i said you have defensive midfielders trying to be attacking mids,who do you blame for picking the team.
            Wait ... Tappa's approach got us to the semis and you a talk bout blame? Come on now Xuberant.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

First half The whole game was ****ed poor Curacao

played a better over all game. Jamaica had no tactical nuance. Although our best move was incorrectly ruled offside. Oh my gosh LaZIE your analysis is spot on. My wife and I shout give and go Bailey was so much in space. Same with the penalty.NO ONE BUT MATTOCKS I SCREAMED. unless it's Bailey.
              There was another play where the midfielder took a distance speculative shot when best play was an outlet to the left while continue to run in the box.
              Last edited by PeeJay; July 1, 2019, 03:37 PM.
              "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                played a better over all game. Jamaica had no tactical nuance. Although our best move was incorrectly ruled offside.
                As fi dat ... Reggaedoc referred to the ref as overzealous .... the linesman was overzealous on that play.

Comment

Blame doesnt mean no credit,read my post again.He set the team up with no attacking mid,the result of that is we have an excellent defensive posture,everything runs from defence to forward,they pass it back- excellent,sideways- excellent - ,over the midfield - excellent.To pass it through the middle or dribble it through,I ask you not to be too hard on them.They are not built for that .

That is what I am saying, and that is what I credit Tappa for.

Comment

Tappa is in charge of picking the starting 11 and the formation. Why Flemmings?. I dont get it. We are better off with 10 men and no Flemmings. Too many 2nd and 3rd touches. This is the bad habbit from Jamaican schoolboy football. You bruk a man onevtime in first or second form and right away you get the name Pele and the name and attitude stay with you to upper 6th. Meanwhile you would have been clueless to the proper approach to the game for the ensuing 5 years. Look at how Africans play. Lots of one touch ball, the north Africans moreso than the subsaharans, and as a result, despite the subsaharan guys having superior personal skills, they are having a hard time beating their northern rivals. I have watched all the 2019 AFCON matches thus far. Jamaicans just cant seem to learn.

Comment

Blame doesnt mean no credit,read my post again.He set the team up with no attacking mid,the result of that is we have an excellent defensive posture,everything runs from defence to forward,they pass it back- excellent,sideways- excellent - ,over the midfield - excellent.To pass it through the middle or dribble it through,I ask you not to be too hard on them.They are not built for that .

That is what I am saying, and that is what I credit Tappa for.
                      "we have an excellent defensive posture"

Goals win matches ... defense win tournaments. What would happen if one of those mids was more attacking? We have 4 shots on goal to Panama's 2. It is not that the team isn't creating chances. Tappa know the cards him have. I still cannot understand why we blaming Tappa when a player fail to make a simple pass.

Comment

I explained it to you and you cant accept it.

Comment

Alvas Powell was the culprit on that play.

Comment

What personnel would you change. This is for those who don’t like the midfield. I don’t agree that Tappa is defensive I would say he is pragmatic thus he plays with 2 holding and with Fleming who is out of position I think he feels works hard and tracks back in the middle more than Peter lee, and the next 19 year old fro: JC.; We are also missing Tuttleman what’s up with him.

Comment

The reason Jamaica reached the WC in '98 was because of defense. I guess Simoes rubbed off on Tappa.

Btw....congratulations on attending live game. Very nice eh?
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X