No announcement yet.

Come on my team,....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the best we have ever looked was the time when the boyz were considered favourite in a clash against the
    US, we imploded in that game but prior to that, we were playing breathtaking football.
    The search is STILL in full swing, Jangle.

Comment

The real question is if those professional ballers play the same way fir Jamaica as they do for their clubs?
      Apart from Powell(it matter not which team he is playing for), I would argue they do not, they know how to but seem to be enjoying too much freedom when wearing the national jersey.

Comment

The assistants can be better at their job than the head coach. The job of the head coach is to make it all work and that is why help is needed.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Let me start by saying that the standard of the CONCACAF big teams have dropped. This is the worst looking USA team that I’ve seen in a long time and MexTico is just a little better.

Tappa selected his squad. His selections of the personnel on the field and his constant rotation shows that he doesn’t know his best team. That said, his decision to move Hector from DM to CB shows his lack of trust in the Lowe’s replacement. That means the replacement wasn’t good enough in the first place. Throughout the competition we saw the defenders, mainly Lowe, trying to make the long 40-50 yards final passes to our forwards, bypassing the midfield. A good 98% of those passes were inaccurate yet they persisted with it. That’s down to the coach and his instructions. In our second game Bailey should have been substituted at halftime, however he played the entire match and was very ineffective. Bailey hasn’t shown anything near the skills that won him all those accolades. The one pass that led to the goal is not good enough. He made several missed passes that had nothing to do with his teammates “inferior” skills. Tappa refuses to take off Nicholson after he missed at least 4 sitters in the El Salvador game. Orgill, our most industrious forward was dropped to the bench and didn’t get any time on the field in the last and most crucial game even when Bailey and the new “browning” Mattocks were clearly exhausted.

We find too many excuses to support the players and the coach that we like. Over the years we bawl about lack of finances and lack of good playing surfaces as excuses for how poorly we look on the international field but when I watch this African Nations Cup and see unknown footballing country like Benin beating Morocco and many of these other African countries playing better technical ball than us, then I know that we are just lacking willpower to overcome the odds. What these African countries have are foreign coaches who have either played the game professionally or have spent their careers within professional environments. We have many former professional players with coaching badges and licenses to draw on.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            So Jeromec Waite is clueless,and Tappa doesn't know how to do that after ,is it 5 years.

Kisssteeeeeeeeth. . Lol,let me guess he can find one in the RSPL ?.....lol.

Stop making an ass of yourself with the bag of excuses.
            Jerome is a attack minded coach but is this an issue of philosophy or is it about execution. The help that’s needed is not necessarily at the senior team but we need a experienced TD who can teach modern football so this becomes easy at this level. Just saw a guide from TFC academy on me , we us and building technical / tactical concepts around it. Me is individual techniques, we is your 2v2 2v1 stuff ..us gets in small sided games learning how to receive to play forward in small sided games. I also saw an interesting Feyenoord session that would change our mindset how we coach in JA...We need a TD from a soccer developed country.

Comment

Agreed a 1000 % O.J.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

A few things. As you know Lowe standard was very good and we knew it was going to be hard to replace him. It was good that Tappa could take young Topey as he has a lot of potential. Maybe we can say it was foolish of Lowe to get that second yellow. If he didn't maybe the game would have been different. Would you rather seen 30 year old average centerback get the chance over 19 year old Topey who has the world of potential?

Tappa have a bag of offensive players, some in season and some off season so even if he knew who he liked there was only one way to find out who is better. The US and Mexico also going through the same transition of finding attacking players. As good as some of the African team look in attack many could stand against us our defense would get the better of them.

Do you know if Orgill was carrying a know? It is easy for us to say but like other the Gold Cup is warm up for qualifiers and our team represented well. Going down 3-1 to the US at home is not bad. We just have to improve the fluency of attack. I can remember playing a lot of Gold cup and we had to be thinking about getting a totally new team.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The national team is small enough and many of the players have basic knowledge so it could be implemented in a few sessions over the next few months. They may not be perfect but could be better. Jerome maybe an attacking coach but is that is responsibility with national team?

I agree that we need a TD to implement this nationally but that is long term. It is not about execution in my book because the players are out of position in attack. The wingbacks overrun when they don't have to overlap. The forwards sometimes are out of position.

Comment

You are right sass. I remind you a famous line said by former coach Osiek who coached CANADA..he said something like I did not come here to teach a grown man how to do a 2v1.

Comment

Working...
                    X