X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JA U 23 vs Dominica : Fullmatch.

https://youtu.be/ot0JUD9DH0I
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Thanks X.

Comment

Anytime brethren.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

OJ,give me your tactical analysis on what the coach did wrong ?

Comment

I wanted some time to watch it as I had heard the guys on sports explosion beat Duckie for this. First thing this is a very talented cohort and really a good opportunity to qualify for the olympics. I cant criticize the coach because of the outcome as we missed many chances and gave up a unlikely goal from the keeper mistake.

My take it looked like a 4-2-3-1 against a team that was going to sit deep or parked the bus. This is interesting when you had the likes of Nique Daley and Jourdaine Fletcher Kareem Paris. We needed width to unpack the bus. The wing backs should have overload the wide areas a bit more especially with Dominica consistently having 10 men behind the ball.

Midfield
          Big problem and same as senior team.Alex Marshall and Magee super talented but a victim of inconsistent tactical development. They need to learn how to receive to play forward . Too often they pivot turn and twist with too many touches or lateral dribbles that results in turnovers or loss opportunities to play players in. ( This is the consequence of schoolboy star baller system that encourages the extra touch and gallery dressings) We need to pass the ball in the middle and final third quicker and with a plan.

Defensively
          Not much as Dominica did not offer much. Our ball recovery is ok and I think that is Duckie’s strength as a coach but he may want to rethink playing with two holding midfielders against a team that is sitting deep. It’s a bit like driving with your hand brake up.

Our attacking corner kicks worries me. Topey should be our biggest threat based on size and experience yet he was not involved. In all the score flatters Dominica and you could say it’s hard luck but with this firepower playing at home we need to make our own luck and
          play with more width.
          Stop forcing the ball down the middle use the flanks — point 1
          Overload the flanks with the wing backs.
          More 3rd man run from the middle.. we are too predictable and static
          Start Daley and Fletcher ...
          Gk White ... when you play and don’t get a lot of shots you must concentrate son.

Comment

Well I will criticize the coach,missed chances is definetly on the heads of the players,but who do we blame for as you stated

1) the wingback and wingers not exploiting the wide spaces ?

2) The midfield not playing the ball quicker,but as you stated not trying to go through the middle but pushing it to wide areas. blaming it on schoolboy errors is too simplistic.

3) You pointed out all the tactical errors,corners kicks ,slow play and forcing the ball down the middle.

How can you not blame the coach,are the players supppose to implenent their own tactical plan of the above,how do you know they were not playing to instructions of slow play and forcing it down the middle ?. Again I dont blame Duckie for players missing chances and I am glad they did,because it would cover up Duckies faults. If Duckie had changed up play to address our tactical defiencies then I would not blame him, we can excuse it by saying how do we know he did not try and the players did not follow his instructions.

Well most of those players followed Jeromes instructions when the U20 failed to advance on goal difference and 2nd if they fail to follow his instructions its an indictment on him in not being able to get through to them.

Right now, I am with you,Jerome looks to be the best option as our next national coach.All of them need to upgrade their credentials to best practices.

Comment

See if you can get to this page and if so tell me what you think

http://tfcjuniors.ca/wp-content/uplo...s-me-we-us.svg

Comment

Excellent page ,but the questions stands moreso given the page you presented,isnt that page related to coaching ?

Surely you dont suggest that players read said page and formulate a tactical plan ?

It goes back to this and please pay attention to what is highlighted.

Examination – Coaches

The second examination is of the coaching staff. Coaching is a form of development in which a person supports a learner or client in achieving a specific personal or professional goal by providing training and guidance.Tappa has been a national coach from 2007; in 2014 he was the U20 coach, what has he achieved in terms of licensure/accreditation since then. What has his assistants achieved since then. Basically, the question of licensure comes up as a means of evaluating best coaching practices in this concluded G.C and in comparison, to our competitors/adversaries of getting desired results. Besides experience as coaches in the RSPL and being former players, in and for Jamaica, in the case of Tappa and Lawrence, do they have a license to coach that is of the required standard of best practices. Contrast their standard to our adversaries who we say we want to unseat as Concacaf King Pins, where the A and Pro lic is mandated to coach in North America and Europe, and without having any knowledge of the Mexican standards, I suspect it to be the same. The reason I say this is because best practices in Europe of coaching is the driving force of licensure around the world, and they dictate and mandate that in order to be a coach in a professional league you have to have the A or Pro lic. To put it bluntly USSF/USL mimics best practices of licensure from the European standard. A brief description of the UEFA A Lic; it is designed to educate candidates in the technical, tactical, physical and mental requirements of modern football. The course develops candidates' ability to devise, organize, conduct and evaluate coaching sessions in advanced skills, tactics, strategies and systems of play. It will also give an understanding of how to apply modern methods for sports science and sports medicine. In order to get the Pro lic one has to practice with the A lic for at least 12 months, also of importance before attaining the A lic,the individual must attain the B lic.

With that in mind the JFF recently had a class on the Concacaf B licensure course reported in the newspapers. No report was given if it was/is on par with the USSF/UEFA B standard or if what was taught was part of the curriculum of licensure and not the whole. With that said here are some of the comments of those who took part of a recent course in the Concacaf B license (again no Tappa) reported in our newspapers , of which coaches Marcel Gayle, Wayne Campbell, Alex Thomas , Shavar Thomas and Donovan Duckie attended and stated , “I thought, not just for me, but for coaching development in Jamaica, it was very good… I thought the course was very informative and educational, plus it broadened my horizon, and I think I speak for my fellow participants when I say that… a course like this challenged us and forced us to see the game in a different light,” said outgoing Portmore United Head Coach Shavar Thomas. Cavalier FC coach, Rudolph Spied, who also participated in the B License coaching activity, gave the exercise the proverbial thumbs up. “It is the best thing the JFF has done for the coaches, myself included, to get this pilot project to come here, and I expect all participating coaches would have improved by 100 per cent as the areas of instruction were very precise and addressed key specifics, which included how to read the opponent and how to counter them…… what these courses show is that we (Jamaican coaches) have been lambs to the slaughter because this is information that we didn't have before.

Given that context, 20 years post world cup 98, how far is Tappa and our national/local coaches behind our competitors in Concacaf, given the above statements, was our recent Gold Cup performance unexpected , and can we expect same in our world cup campaign?

Comment

Yes it’s 100% coaching but don’t lay the blame at the Duckie or Withmore or the immediate coaches. It’s an institutional issue we need A TD that teaches a 100 coaches proper methodology. Most TFC goes to France or other progressive first world countries for education.

Comment

And x do we are clear this module is for u-8 imagine if we were using this methodology with our u-8 u14. We would not be struggling to qualify we would be cussing why we don’t get to the final 8 . We need a program or We will be here cussing Duke or Tappa or Waite every 4years

Comment

Be specific when you say program,what do you mean,specifically what role does coaching play in it ?

It's like some saying the JFF must build an academy building to be classified as having a program, which to me is nonsense.,because if the members of the academy are not licensed or accredited professionals in their specific field,all we will have is a building ( white elephant ) that waste bucket$$$ of water.

Comment

I will be specific as possible. I would hire a TD from Holland Spain or Croatia to come in a develop our local coaches.I would exposed our brightest coaches to go for 3 months stints with the more forward thinking coaches. Klopp, Pep Unai,Carvahal. The dude Everton now.. Those guys game out of a tactical periodization out of Portugal while loop and Pep then big time into counter pressing ...We tried this once but we sent Carl to go learn from San Alderdyce...imagine that...

Comment

Ahhhhhh now you are talking my language, I would go 2 better.We have two jamaicans who are versed in best practices and have the required standard( They coach the women's team) .Make them TDs,make them come up with a plan to develop our coaches.I heard from a bird ,that they have done it already and the JFF is sitting on it.It would cost a third of hiring a forgein coach,they arent going anywhere because of cultural ties. I would support your move for the JFF to move those advanced learners to attach themselves to progressive clubs overseas.

Further ,I would advocate they get a group of top 3 and bond them for 4 years after they have reached the ( A) standard of best practices ,and rotate them from youth to senior teams.

Respect Sah.That is all achievable in our economic cultural reality.

Comment

OJ : In regards to your post about blaming Tappa.

If you took the time to read my piece instead of dismissing it,you would never accuse me of that ! PLEASE READ IT.

HINT !

Theordore Whitmore: Indictment Unsealed

The indictment against Theodore Whitmore (Tappa) is more an indictment against the Jamaican Football federation (JFF) and we the fans(stakeholders) . The indictment can be viewed as crimes tantamount to professional negligence.

Comment

point taken.. my feeling is Tappa is the best of a bad bunch. Shavar would also be in the mix if it was up to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X