Seaga: Credit me for the Mecca !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaga: Credit me for the Mecca !

I have always wanted to link the Kingston and Ocho Rios projects by a highway corridor to create a large dove-tailed development with an easy movement between the two by day and night to enhance business and pleasure. The time has now come to link both developments with the North-South Highway. As I have been so deeply instrumental in the conceptual and implementation work, I wanted the highway to bear my name.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...8?profile=1373
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
    I have always wanted to link the Kingston and Ocho Rios projects by a highway corridor to create a large dove-tailed development with an easy movement between the two by day and night to enhance business and pleasure. The time has now come to link both developments with the North-South Highway. As I have been so deeply instrumental in the conceptual and implementation work, I wanted the highway to bear my name.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...8?profile=1373
    I strongly suspect that the reason, and quite reasonably so, why he has not gotten more recognition is the fact that his greatest legacy has been the creation of the greatest politically sanctioned criminal enterprise in the Caribbean and perhaps the entire western hemisphere. We are paying dearly for this and will continue to pay for years to come. That is what he will and should be remembered for. One man's opinion.

Comment

Disagree ,people grow,learn and change ,give him his credit for all what he has done for JA, both good and bad.

Just my little piece.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
        Disagree ,people grow,learn and change ,give him his credit for all what he has done for JA, both good and bad.

Just my little piece.
        This is a person who is still alive and has never seen it fit to apologize or even to explain where is crude and self serving attempt at social, or should I say political engineering, i.e. TG went wrong. All he has done is kept on blaming everybody except himself. Does that sound like a person who has grown or capable of growth?. I certainly don't think so. He reminds me of the late Fidel Castro.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
          I strongly suspect that the reason, and quite reasonably so, why he has not gotten more recognition is the fact that his greatest legacy has been the creation of the greatest politically sanctioned criminal enterprise in the Caribbean and perhaps the entire western hemisphere. We are paying dearly for this and will continue to pay for years to come. That is what he will and should be remembered for. One man's opinion.
          Absolutely correct
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The government should simply change the name Tivoli Gardens to Seaga Gardens, tell him thanks for his service and let him ride off into Jah's waiting room and hopefully not return to Ja in his next life. I can't see anyone opposing that.

Comment

100% for that too.If Dem touch it gi Dem credit,it shows he isn't perfect.

Comment

This is an interesting take.. Do you think when TG was created the intent was for it to be a criminal enclave? I would think it was quite the opposite and you would need to understand what it was before. Uninformed argument if you ask me. On the point of naming the road this this is simply tribalism at play. When the PNP is in they name what they want after anyone, and so too the JLP and as it is JLP is playing catch up so why not name the road after Eddie. In a perfect world we would have a better process of naming monuments that took it outside of politics but we dont so it is what it is.
                The agrument that Eddie was not in power when the road was build so are we saying Eldimire built the Eldimire road in mobay or mnadella built Mandella highgway....

Comment

Wanting things named after you is so...BHUTTO!

Nuff American do it with donations, Jams do it thru polytrix.
                  So effing juvenile and narcissistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    Wanting things named after you is so...BHUTTO!

Nuff American do it with donations, Jams do it thru polytrix.
                    So effing juvenile and narcissistic.
                    I agree. Signs of a tin-pan dictator. As bad as Fidel Castro was, there is not a single street, building, bridge etc named after him in Cuba and not one Fidel Castro statue or plaque on the island

Comment

really.. thats not what i saw in Cuba. There is more of Che and jose marti but certainly they are lots of fidel paintings and mural.

Comment

Your take is also...interesting

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                        This is an interesting take.. Do you think when TG was created the intent was for it to be a criminal enclave? I would think it was quite the opposite and you would need to understand what it was before. Uninformed argument if you ask me....
                        The intent for which Tivoli was created is absolutely IRRELEVANT

What's relevant is the REALITY of Tivoli:

* By far Jamaica's most powerful political garrison, historically
                        * A long-standing Fountain of Criminality in Jamaica (maybe not so much now)
                        * Creator & exporter of a WORLD CLASS criminal brand so powerful that it's featured in several Hollywood productions

Seaga is surely not the only corrupt politician who has led Jamaica into mass criminality and politically protected garrison statelets. Both JLP & PNP have their fair share of such morally corrupt politicians. The PNP itself has more garrisons.

But Seaga is the original, longest-lived, most influential & most barefaced supporter of political divide & rule philosophies -- which traditionally devolve into wanton violence & criminality.

This criminal behaviour has become part of our cultural DNA. Seaga (and many others) have not been held accountable for their roles in this national disaster

Apart from the human cost measured in 100s of thousands of victims affected by criminality in Jamaica, there's a humongous economic cost. World Bank estimates reveal that crime negatively impacts Jamaica's GDP 3-4% EVERY YEAR

Can you calculate what that that means in terms of lost output, lost jobs, lost opportunities, lost development?????????????????

If you knew what the above represents - you wouldn't be yappin self-righteously in support of one of the main architects of Jamaica's criminal proclivities
                        Last edited by Don1; April 10, 2018, 06:53 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Ironic some would say he should win an award..

Comment

Yep. Tribalists & Dummies abound. That explains why JA is so backward
                            Last edited by Don1; April 10, 2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                              really.. thats not what i saw in Cuba. There is more of Che and jose marti but certainly they are lots of fidel paintings and mural.
                              Have you seen a statue, plaque, street, building names in honor of Fidel Castro?. Note, I never said Che, Jose Marti or anyone else. I said FIDEL CASTRO. The answer is there is none. Period.

Comment

Working...
                              X