RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willi Jawges recruiting program wikid mi boss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willi...you're promoting the fiction that JC's success is mostly based on recruiting. While not explicitly stating that the insinuations are crystal clear.
    This is an unfounded and unacceptable partisan argument... so it must be squashed without apology

Although there are many indicators that Wulmaz & Jawges for example are big recruiters of or magnets for football talent, I don't see anyone claiming that the success of those schools is primarily based on recruiting. Neither do I claim that apart from in occasional Rum Bar banter.

To me success is primarily based on creating an environment for kids to blossom and achieve their potential...period. Some schools have the will & ability to commit resources to achieve this goal...others are unwilling or unable.
    This is why...over the 100+ years since Manning Cup launched & maintained organized football in Jamaica...only a handful of schools have more than 2 or 3 titles. It obviously takes an iron commitment to football to be a regular contender. JC has obviously been doing this better than any other school for 100 years

In the case of Jawges (separate from the recruiting issue) there are obviously HUGE resources committed to infrastructure development (much more than any other Manning Cup contender) training, nutrition, scholastic support, foreign travel etc.
    This is to be commended in my view and any resultant success should be duly recognized as 100% legitimate. I'm not stating any proviso re Jawges' recruiting to detract from the school's success

There is zero evidence adduced that JC recruits or attracts more outside players than any other of the 4 or 5 perennial contenders in the Manning Cup ...including Jawges which has also enjoyed a similar level of success to JC recently.

As usual ANYTHING concerning JC...good or bad ....generates an inordinate level of attention. We're accustomed to this phenomenon

Unless and until data establishing an outsized recruitment program by JC can be presented (collecting this would be easy for ISSA) these arguments attempting to single out the school (AKA undermine) and devalue our football program....will be rejected as pure bad mind
    Last edited by Don1; September 16, 2015, 09:32 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I am talking LAST year!

You know that too. LoL. Notice I never made anything of this before 2014??
      I KNOW (even if you truly dont) that something changed last year. I know that people decided to make that changed and heard about it an advance. This is a departure of taking in transfers from lower forms and molding them into the JC culture.

There was the joke last year that the DCup ballers were sent to jog thru Papine and Hope pastures and they got lost in Hope Gardens. LoL

Last year was VERY different and was a departure for JC. Even JC guys online were boasting that the "B" side could win Manning Cup. The B side were not even on the bench! The fact that only ONE team could play meant that many of those guys wasted their year at JC, because they could have been playing somewhere else.

Fortunately, it is not a good strategy, as the frustration level makes it futile...you simply cant attract new people at the same rate when they can see the masses of benchers and bench aspirants.

Dont get me wrong, its the stars that wins the accolades, but its the deep bench that sustains the campaign thru injury and illness. JC will struggle this year (relatively speaking) as many of the tru blue stars have left and the new ones dont ripe yet. I heard JC bought 4 Holy Trinity ballers, but 3 of them dont make 1 Flemming.
      Last edited by Willi; September 16, 2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

You dont need ISSA...just read the coverage of matches. They will spell out who are the newcomers...this one formally of that skool etc.

StGC is not exempt from this either, just that it is never wholescale. one or max 2 transfer ballers new to the school ever...otherwise it does not work, as they dont have the Jawges ball culture. Jawges plays with a certain style which has to be learnt.

Comment

We have learned our ball style over 100 years

It's called consistently being among the BEST and the STRONGEST.... i.e. WINNING TITLES

For this ball style...we expect to be attacked by the also rans as well as our near peers

But this style of winning football tikles will not change....even as we're competitive in every other discipline including the other biggie...TRACK

It's all about leadership DNA...nutten else

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Dont fret bout us...we will do it our way, like you will too.

Nah fret pon unno...just stating some fax. A word to the wise....

Comment

Mi nuh bizniz wid colorful anecdotes.... mi cudda quote fi mi own same way. But mi naw support nuh propaganda an' mi nuh really bizniz wid wat wi near peer dem ah gwaan wid... i.e. Jawges an' Wulmaz tuh ah much lesser extent

Wen time come fi boot lace up...wi dehdeh inna full force year to year an' any guy betta nuh form fool pon di field ar dem get dem net bore up...strait

What matters is not anecdotes bout dis ar dat player but hard data...and hard RESULTS
              Last edited by Don1; September 16, 2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Cho

Yuh know I am right.

I dont badmind JC, as JC a big big football side and in recent years, the Manning cup bleeds blue.

Just dont want to see unno going off the deep end, based on what I see and hear. Unno dont need dat.

Comment

Well present some data...Put some ah di yappers to werk like dis:

List the JC, Wulmaz & Jawges squads for the past say 5 years wid di form each player entered the school.... Dat wi gi wi some insight as to wat-a-gwaan

Scientist cyaan act pon hearsay...wi need data

Comment

Full disclosure.

StGc has two 6th form "imported" ballers. Hakim Williams of Bar and Coombes of KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      Full disclosure.

StGc has two 6th form "imported" ballers. Hakim Williams of Bar and Coombes of KC.
                      So that may be this year's intake. What's the analysis of the entire squad?

Comment

Squad not that deep...not to win any 4 titles.

Thing is StGC "waste" more ballers than any school out there. We let them leave early for Uni and Academies. Cant recall a single baller in the last 10 years playing even 4 years of Manning Cup. JC had 2 playing 5 years off the top of my head...

We let Marvin Morgan go, Benbow left and came back, Assassin's bredrin son (Jehrundy?), Lewis, Romario Jones, Boothe, Amoy, etc. All had at least 1 more year eligibility.

Comment

Squad not that deep...not to win any 4 titles.

Thing is StGC "waste" more ballers than any school out there. We let them leave early for Uni and Academies. Cant recall a single baller in the last 10 years playing even 4 years of Manning Cup. JC had 2 playing 5 years off the top of my head...

We let Marvin Morgan go, Benbow left and came back, Assassin's bredrin son (Jehrundy?), Lewis, Romario Jones, Boothe, Amoy, etc. All had at least 1 more year eligibility.
                          you are so wrong...
                          Amoy turned 19 on August 31st..
                          Morgan left on his own..
                          Boote was too old
                          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Morgan left on his own at 17…so how does that prove me wrong? He actually came back when his trial failed and the school did not allow him to play, only to finish up the work to get some subjects.

Amoy I thought was 18, my bad.

Boothe had another year. His parents were upset about a stolen cellphone and wanted to move on..

Comment

Don1, JC fennel this trip. Bertis roll out the supermarket trolley and assemble an all-Manning team:

With the acquisition of National Under-17 midfielder Hakim Williams from Calabar, Jerome Coombs from Kingston College (KC), Paul Young Jnr from Wolmer's Boys, plus former JC-winning Under-14 skipper Dominic James to complement the likes of National Under-17 player Alex Marshall, Gregory Messam Jnr, the lethal Shevon Stoddart, and Stephan Gilzene, St George's College will be hard to deny, especially playing at home.

Comment

Don1, JC fennel this trip. Bertis roll out the supermarket trolley and assemble an all-Manning team:

With the acquisition of National Under-17 midfielder Hakim Williams from Calabar, Jerome Coombs from Kingston College (KC), Paul Young Jnr from Wolmer's Boys, plus former JC-winning Under-14 skipper Dominic James to complement the likes of National Under-17 player Alex Marshall, Gregory Messam Jnr, the lethal Shevon Stoddart, and Stephan Gilzene, St George's College will be hard to deny, especially playing at home.
                                Wooooiiieeeee mi Shoppers Unfair!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X