HL!!!.......AUFC won its 1st championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......AUFC won its 1st championship

of the 2019 season. You could win 2 championships in August - won the Campeones Cup tonight, defeating Club America, Liga MX Apertura champions, 3-2.......You now have the U.S. Open Cup finals, August 27.
    Campeones Cup highlights: https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...-america/recap

Saw reports, this evening, that the next MLS team will be in St. Louis.

Comment

Saw the game USAF.

deBoer is doing what the players demanded. That they play the way Tata designed them.

I have tickets for the 27th. Don't see why we can't win that one too.

The MLS Cup is going to be more challenging.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

What the players want and what they can do is 2 different things. I don't think they can effectively play that attacking style, without a dynamic #10, like Almiron. Almiron left, and AUFC has not replaced him. Maybe they were hoping that Pitty would provide that attack & leadership, but he hasn't.......Maybe de Boer was focused on improving team defense, because he saw that there was no true, dynamic #10, and a drop in AUFC's attack/offense.

I think MLS Cup will be won by a Western Conference team.......LAFC was the best attacking team, before the All-Star Game, and they could be more dangerous with their Summer signings.

Comment

When you say you are improving the defense and slow down the game even more with less attacking and then picking up 3-0 and 5-0 that the team never get before, people will be skeptical.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Correct Assasin.

The team is now playing the fast attacking game that has been their normal style. deBoer has essentially conceded that he has no choice but to change. The players were going public with his stupid approach.

We should be at least 3 to 4 games ahead of second place. Picking up 5 nil from Chicago as we did a few games ago was not acceptable.

HL

Comment

yep and people down here is passionate about ATL. Never thought I would see such passion in US soccer, it is not like what I saw for Redbull or any other team.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I MAY (repeat) MAY have 2 tickets for you on Sept. 14th or Sept 21st.

Will keep you posted.

HL

Comment

The boys them get their schedule next week so I will see if any of them playing that time.

Comment

Working...
                  X