The dependency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dependency

There are very many similarities that exist between tourism and technology. For starters, these sectors are mutually dependent with each other and are advancing towards the same direction. This has been quite important in that it has led to the transformation of the tourism sector by the onset of technology. Devices such as tablets and laptops developed using technology have had a great influence on the use of social media in tourism which in turn has brought about great growth in the sector. The expectations of tourists rose with the advancement of technology whereby tourists developed an urge to have each aspect in the tourism sector to be perfect. There is much effort that has gone towards the introduction and incorporation of technology in the tourism sector.
    https://tourismembassy.com/en/news/t...urism-industry

I understand some people are stuck in there own corners but you can find the information if you want it. Some open minds are needed.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Steve Jobs said: "technology is nothing. What's important is that you have a faith in people, that they're basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they'll do wonderful things with them.”

We have the tools. Now the question is: what are we going to do with them?

This basically explains the dependency.

Thanks argument done.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Your arguement was/is technology depends on toursm and it drives technology development.

The article you quoted clearly states " the expectations of tourists rose with the advancement of technology" . To a logical person this can only mean the tech industry is driving tourism, to put it another way without tech development expectations would not rise in the tourism industry.

Do you understand who is driving who, and one industry being dependent on one doesnt mean the other is.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The demand for technology in Tourism drives technology. No two way about it.
        Technology is only important if it is demandedd and as Steve Job says it is not used it is not technology.

It is only measured by the output and tourism is one of the reasons why a lot of technology is in major demand, hence the dependency and drive.

I know you may not like that but a so it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          The demand for technology in Tourism drives technology. No two way about it.
          Technology is only important if it is demandedd and as Steve Job says it is not used it is not technology.

It is only measured by the output and tourism is one of the reasons why a lot of technology is in major demand, hence the dependency and drive.

I know you may not like that but a so it go.

Johnny,Johnny, Johnny,I love all what you have said the problem is this that doesnt mean Tourism is " the " driver of technology,in fact your article states "the expectations of tourists rose with the advancement of technology". It didnt not rise because of the advancement of tourism.

Tech use and measuring output is defined in the article as expectations of tourist rising ( You could plug driving or any other action verb for rising) with the advancement of technology. What Steve Jobs says isnt exclusive to tourism in fact he made a general statement about tech use and development.

Cognitive dissonance mi say

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Tech use and measuring output is defined in the article as expectations of tourist rising ( You could plug driving or any other action verb for rising) with the advancement of technology. What Steve Jobs says isnt exclusive to tourism in fact he made a general statement about tech use and development.
            Why are you suing "exlusive" now. Where did I ever use such words.

The industries that are main drivers of technology are
            Manufacturing
            Government
            Healthcare
            Retail
            Travel and Tourism

These are the main drivers of technology. Go siddung.

Comment

Why are you suing "exlusive" now. Where did I ever use such words.

The industries that are main drivers of technology are
              Manufacturing
              Government
              Healthcare
              Retail
              Travel and Tourism

These are the main drivers of technology. Go siddung.
              I never said you said it was exclusive, I referenced it becuase you used it without mentioning others which implies ( exclusiveness). If you can be so kind to state your source as per Travel and Tourism being a driver of technology I would be grateful, also its economic significance on that table, of note you have it listed in 5th, the bottom.

Cognitive dissonance mi say, yuh under stress brethren.

Comment

I said Travel and tourism is a driver of technology, I didn't say it was the only driver. If you read through my post, I mention other industries.

Go back and follow the posts. The argument started when you guys claim downturn in tourism will not affect technology and I said that is a farce as tourism is a driver of technology. My point stands.

Comment

Johnny,you can say anything, you need to provide articles of proof and as you see,your articles contradict you ,like the above ,which have you acting the fool to the point of you coming to a different conclusion than the article,its called cognitive dissonance.

Comment

To prove your lie this is one of my first post.

The real fact is there is no technology Industry as per say, there is a technology sector which depends on a host of industries including manufacturing, Agriculture, Tourism, financial services and others. Technology will not grow in any economy that doesn't have a robust tourism industry.
                    As mi say go siddung.

Comment

Johnny as mi say,yuh can say any thing,you need to provide a source ,a link ,especially this part " technology will not grow in any economy which doesnt have a robust tourism industry"

That's hard to believe when you have it ( tourism) at the bottom of your list.

Comment

I prove your lie already. Saying I only said tourism was the only driver for technology.

Name me a technology based economy without a robust tourism industry. Name one.

They go hand in hand. Simple. Tourism provides a vessel for technology a very important one.

Please answer.

Comment

Ok Johnny you cant support your arguement with any articles,you want me to " think like you " or another way,which is illogical, its cognitive dissonance!.

1st article you posted clearly states tourism expectations rose with the advancement of technology,2nd post you made with no reference listed tourism at the bottom of being an economic driver or was it in value to technology, either way it's at the bottom. Both these examples given by you prove Tourism isnt an economic driver of the economy or drives technology.

So you shift the arguement to,you didnt say it wasnt " the " only driver to tech isnt an industry but a sector,in other words yuh lost,and twist up like a gig. Doc and Don tell yuh leff it alone,well yuh buck up inna X.

I spent or wasted 5 post on you,I hope you learnt about cognitive dissonance today,if anything .

Have a nice day.
                          Last edited by Sir X; July 5, 2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

you clearly said I said TOURISM IS THE ONLY DRIVER FOR TECHNOLOGY". No I never said that. I didn't change any argument. The article clearly said there is a dependency both ways. Didn't it say that?????

Again there is a demand in the travel industry that drives technology. The output makes it a driver of technology. That is what I have been saying and will continue to say.

What do you call 10 percent of the world economy?
                            What do you call 7.8 percent of the Us economy?
                            What do you call the industry that creates 1 of 5 jobs world wide
                            What do you call an industry that creates 1 of 8 jobs in the US
                            What do you call the second largest industry in the world
                            What do you call the second fastest growing industry in the world?

That is an economic DRIVER, No two way about it.
                            I have proven my point.

Comment

you clearly said I said TOURISM IS THE ONLY DRIVER FOR TECHNOLOGY". No I never said that. I didn't change any argument. The article clearly said there is a dependency both ways. Didn't it say that?????

Again there is a demand in the travel industry that drives technology. The output makes it a driver of technology. That is what I have been saying and will continue to say.

What do you call 10 percent of the world economy?
                              What do you call 7.8 percent of the Us economy?
                              What do you call the industry that creates 1 of 5 jobs world wide
                              What do you call an industry that creates 1 of 8 jobs in the US
                              What do you call the second largest industry in the world
                              What do you call the second fastest growing industry in the world?

That is an economic DRIVER, No two way about it.
                              I have proven my point.
                              You've proved the point of an ignoramus. It takes a host of industries to form the current global economy. Of course this includes tourism. That it's an important sector has never been questioned. So you move the goalpost once your original point is proved as nonsense

We call the above an industry that sops up a significant chunk of low level workers.. Low level workers need jobs. Tourism does the trick very well. It also provides pleasure to many

Just don't expect that industry to lead to "prosperity" or even national power. Too low level...as JA is discovering now.. if the BOJ Governor is to be believed. Countries dependent on tourism are absolute lightweights globally..which no one takes seriously in global affairs

I didn't need to be informed by Byles when I started posting on the futility of tourism dependence (because it leads NOWHERE ) a decade ago.

It's obvious that tourism could disappear tomorrow and the world would still run powered by tech, health services, energy, manufacturing, retail, logistics & agri-industry mainly...with zero problems.

Try imagining the world without a tech sector or any of the above. It's impossible. Tourism is an optional thing people engage in "when they have time" and a few dollars to spend
                              Last edited by Don1; July 5, 2020, 02:32 PM.
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X