Houston we have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston we have a problem

Calling it early. My fellow Empire soldiers we have a personnel and a coaching problem. We are lacking in quality personnel in the attacking midfield position and in forward. In the number 10 position we are weak on two fronts. Mata, who has the guile to unlock opponents’ defenses lack the speed and bite that is needed to play that position. The alternative, Jesse Lingard, has the speed but lacks all the guile to threaten any defense. Pogba, is the best player for that position in the team, but moving him further forward leaves our back weakened. The solution is to get either a player that has the combined skills of speed and guile to play the number 10 position or get a quality defensive player to push Pogba further forward.

The other problem we have is Rashford. I’ve always had my reservations against English players who I know are only kick and run players. Rashford offers only speed and high work rate but needs several opportunities to score one goal. Young James is the same with less quality. Greenwood shows glimpses of real quality and composure.... more than Rashford and I think he may eventually be a better forward. Rashford should be used on the wings. He reminds me of Theo Walcott who thought he was better playing in the middle instead of the wing.

So we solve one problem so we create another. Lindehof is now becoming a liability. Tuanzebe should be chomping at the Bits to start the next game.

That brings me to the coach. After four matches in the new season he’s not showing me any signs of tactical acumen. His team setup and style of play are not proving successful in breaking down well organized defensive teams. Our attacks, despite having all that speed upfront, is still as predictable as it was under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho.

This is going to be a very frustrating season and we will be challenging for 6th.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Agreed!
    Rashford, Pogba,and Lingard(all journeyman)are out of form.
    Lingard is extremely selfish in trying to win over the fans, he opts for shooting even when he is within a pass to a teammate who is in a better scoring position.
    I would not have taken off McTominay, and at this point, Greenwood should start with Chongy figuring as a sub.
    Old man Young, DeGea, and McTominay are the only players earning their salary today.
    Pogba has to think pass first, he lost possession....throughout the entire game.

Comment

Pogba loses a lot of possession but Pogba creates goals so that is our trade off. That’s why it may be better to move him further upfield. Rashford and Lingard are just playing up to their abilities. I agree with you on the substitutions.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle
        Calling it early. My fellow Empire soldiers we have a personnel and a coaching problem. We are lacking in quality personnel in the attacking midfield position and in forward. In the number 10 position we are weak on two fronts. Mata, who has the guile to unlock opponents’ defenses lack the speed and bite that is needed to play that position. The alternative, Jesse Lingard, has the speed but lacks all the guile to threaten any defense. Pogba, is the best player for that position in the team, but moving him further forward leaves our back weakened. The solution is to get either a player that has the combined skills of speed and guile to play the number 10 position or get a quality defensive player to push Pogba further forward.

The other problem we have is Rashford. I’ve always had my reservations against English players who I know are only kick and run players. Rashford offers only speed and high work rate but needs several opportunities to score one goal. Young James is the same with less quality. Greenwood shows glimpses of real quality and composure.... more than Rashford and I think he may eventually be a better forward. Rashford should be used on the wings. He reminds me of Theo Walcott who thought he was better playing in the middle instead of the wing.

So we solve one problem so we create another. Lindehof is now becoming a liability. Tuanzebe should be chomping at the Bits to start the next game.

That brings me to the coach. After four matches in the new season he’s not showing me any signs of tactical acumen. His team setup and style of play are not proving successful in breaking down well organized defensive teams. Our attacks, despite having all that speed upfront, is still as predictable as it was under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho.

This is going to be a very frustrating season and we will be challenging for 6th.

Well said Jangle. It shows the lack of quality that Pogba playing deep is man marked and when pushed further up field he gets additional marking. I was peeved when I saw Lingard coming in instead it of Greenwood.

Once again the coaching staff got conned based on the preseason form.

Battling for 6th? You are quite optimistic.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

tammy abraham > rashford

Comment

That's more like we have " problems"....lol
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Genius of the year, and that is a great achievement seeing you have serious competition from the resident City duet.

Comment

Dont blame the messenger ,deal with the message,now you have a coaching problem, according to Jangle,I forgot what title does he hold,if Lazie is the president.

I thought throwing money at your " problems" would fix it.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Angel Gomes need to be put out there. He is a good player with the ball at his feet. Might as well give him the exposure as Mata or Lingard not cutting it now.

Give Ibra a call. 20 minutes a game.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Relax, OGS probably never religiously watched our games prior to being appointed manager, ergo, he could very well be in the discovery process.Who gave a decent account of themselves from the start of the season, well HIS acquisitions.
                    Haven't you noticed he rid the team of the over the top salaries too(via outright sale our by supplementing..).
                    We will keep the flame lit under his feet, Sir X.

Comment

Yup!

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle

'If Rashford isn't careful then, sooner rather than later, he is going to find himself cast as the modern-day Theo Walcott,' Collymore, who earned three caps for England, told The Mirror.

'Someone who isn't seen as an out-and-out winger or straight-up No 9 but a Jack of all trades as a forward and master of none.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Collymore.html

Comment

Rashford has already made the transition from a winger to a striker, he is having a terrible run at it though
                          Saw him the other day playing for England, it seems his poor club form has transcended..., and that is where he stands to lose leverage.
                          He is, at core, an amazing talent.

Comment

Sane is an amazing talent. Sterling is an amazing talent. Martial is an amazing talent. Rashford has a lot of potential. James has potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              Sane is an amazing talent. Sterling is an amazing talent. Martial is an amazing talent. Rashford has a lot of potential. James has potential.
                              AS for James. I think he should start on the left. Did you see his goal against Belarus yesterday?
                              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                              X