RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eek-a-Mouse delivers accusation on Marley brothers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eek-a-Mouse delivers accusation on Marley brothers.

Eek-a-Mouse delivers a shocking accusation of intimidation and threats from the Marley brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2rGm5KvSU4

dem ah bad man

There's always another side to the story... but if all he got , in fact, was a little pocket money..well...

Hadn't he been around long enough to know to get the promise in writing??
    Peter R

Comment

Lik out interview. Could explain the stagnacy somewhat.

Comment

Neither the album nor the single sold millions so right off the bat I am doubting his story.

I am sure there were disagreements and misunderstandings but for Jr Gong to promise him six figures for a filler song on his album sounds a bit farfetched. If he was going to give Eek A Mouse six figures how much was he going to give Bobby Brown and Nas?
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

An established artist like him should have had a written agreement in place. I expect new unknown artists desperate for a break to record a song without a contract, but he should know better.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

There is more in this mortar than just the pestle

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

To me sound like Eeka have two good point. Damian sound like him never take care of him side of the biz with Eeka and two, Eeka is right somewhat, I have seen Ziggy three times and never seen a real local band open for him, as a matter of a fact, this last Dallas show a Breda open for him that was an embarassment to me at the very least, but I was so surprised by the output I never really heard h that he was on stage giving not even a poor performance but some strange concoction of tribute to ziggy and making lots of noise. I just hung my head, embarrassed personally, but the crowd was eating it up, I started to think, man these people will listen to anything.

I agree that maybe more could be done by big name yard artistes like Ziggy to showcase local bands on certain shows, but maybe they have done so in the past and I haven't heard about it.

Everything else Eeka say is kinda weak still, Ub40 etc etc do what millions of others couldn't do and it has nothing to do with color, so he is misguided on that Ub was very good at what they do and Ali have a golden voice to say the least only god can give that.

Comment

So let me ask. Eek a Mouse has been an establish artist and touring a lot of places. Let me hear all the artist that he did something for.

Some of those bands he is calling have their own supporters already in many underground market and maybe why Marley tour with them. How much are they doing for the Marley's, I don't know but I am sure they are gettting paid real big for these concerts.

How much did Jr Gong album make on his album to promise a man 100,000 grand for appearance?? That nuh sound right. He simply should have asked for Royalities from his song and he wouldn't have no problem. Normally when a man give you 4 grand upfront it is usually to pay for the rights. Eek Mouse should know better. How Dennis Brown them come inna this.

What they expect the Marley's to do?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Who are these young Marleys that people believe they must do something for reggae music ?....Bob is Bob , his kids have to earn whatever place they want in reggae music, like these other aspiring acts.Reggae needs to get its act together and waiting on a messiah or lineage to guide them is ridiculous.Reggae bigga dan dat, Bob imself say that.

I want dis music to get Bigga and Bigga all over di worl.These caucasin reggae acts earned their way, Lucky was the biggest reggae artist in Africa , he earned his way, etc etc earn their way.

Kissteeth,These Marleys Brand of reggae, isnt really some people cup of tea.Ziggy i cant relate to , Junior & Damian more so for me and even so , its fleeting nothing special.

Capleton, Sizzla ,Everton Blender,Cure,Tony Rebel , Beres thats my cup of tea, even dis Bredda Alkaline is unrelatable to me.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

ha ha, read what I write below. And he maybe wondering why the Marleys don't want to work with him again.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The burden is frequently not on the touring act like Ziggy, but the local promoter. The promoters can book almost anyone to open a show, and artists like Ziggy really don't care.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The man say Rita run gone live a Ghana and lef Jamaican artiste fe starve a Jamaica. LOL.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And she did want tek out Bob outta him mausoleum a Nine Mile and carry him go a Ghana. Right now dat a di ongle ting dat a gi di Nine Mile people a likkle income.

She is wikkid!

But seriously though, Bob's birthplace and Trench Town remain some of the most impoverished places in Jamaica. Whose responsibility is it to do something for these areas, where Jamaica's most popular son was born and raised?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The promoters can book almost anyone to open a show, and artists like Ziggy really don't care.
                            I don`t think Ziggy don't care. The leading acts will not want to have opening acts stealing the show. An example of this I heard of recently was Charlie Wilson opening for Maxwell. It is said that after Charlie Wilson was done, the crowd was satisfied that they started leaving in droves before the main act got going.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

If you fix it up you lose the historical significance?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X